Your Front yard

TomS

Re: Your Front yard
« Reply #20 on: 6 Aug 2008, 01:49 pm »
BTW, Tom didn't show you his REALLY nice yard....His other house is on one of the nicest lakes in Indiana.
Oh, you mean this one (Clear Lake IN)?

TomS

« Reply #21 on: 6 Aug 2008, 01:50 pm »
Which lake?  I just spent 10 days on Wawasee
I actually work in Warsaw, but a few minutes from Wawasee.  Wish you'd dropped me a line  :(

sts9fan

« Reply #22 on: 6 Aug 2008, 03:05 pm »
Well my girlfriend grew up in Syracuse and we hit it up around three times a year.  I will for sure drop you a PM the next time we head that way.  I would have liked to hear your speakers with the F4!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #23 on: 6 Aug 2008, 03:08 pm »
Well my girlfriend grew up in Syracuse and we hit it up around three times a year.  I will for sure drop you a PM the next time we head that way.  I would have liked to hear your speakers with the F4!

How does Syracuse and Warsaw, IN connect?

George

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #24 on: 6 Aug 2008, 03:18 pm »

How does Syracuse and Warsaw, IN connect?

George

State road 15 to state road 6, or 30 to 13  1/2 hour (at most) either way

Duh...I was stupidly thinking of Syracuse, NY   :duh:

Let me go back to working on my house...

George

lazydays

« Reply #25 on: 6 Aug 2008, 03:47 pm »

Bowling alley\bar across the street with empty field and volleyball courts in the distance.

that looks like a photo from the grand ice storm back in the year 2000 (maybe) down in your neck of the woods
gary

mgalusha

« Reply #26 on: 6 Aug 2008, 04:25 pm »

Taken from the front porch in December 2006 during the same blizzard that brought snow into what is now my listening room.

nathanm

« Reply #27 on: 8 Aug 2008, 06:53 pm »
I hope he didn't eat all your gumdrops.

Kookaburra on the top deck

Double Ugly

« Reply #28 on: 8 Aug 2008, 09:21 pm »
Current abode (which is apparently sold):

Wildlife in the side yard:

Place we're buying:

Carport/Deck

Front Yard 1

Front Yard 2

Other side of house/back yard

My apologies for the size of the photos.  I thought they'd been downsized by Photobucket.   :oops:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #29 on: 8 Aug 2008, 09:23 pm »
NICE JIM!! Very Nice!  :thumb:
Looks like something from a storybook.

Bob

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #30 on: 8 Aug 2008, 10:13 pm »
Nice pics Jim.  The new place looks gorgeous.

Bryan

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #31 on: 9 Aug 2008, 02:25 am »

Place we're buying:

Double,

Wow, your new place is gorgeous!!! Congrats!!!

Here in So Cal yards aren't anywhere even remotely close to that nice, unless you have some distant relationship to J. Paul Getty or a similar associate. Where about in the country is this?

Thanks for the nice pics,

Jerry

mgalusha

« Reply #32 on: 9 Aug 2008, 02:31 am »
The new place looks great Jim. My yard looks just like it does in the winter except substitute brown for white. :) Such is life on the prairie.

Double Ugly

« Reply #33 on: 9 Aug 2008, 03:21 am »
Thanks guys.

Unfortunately, there's always a trade-off unless (as Jerry astutely pointed out) you come from old money (and a lot of it).  The trade-off in my case is I'm located in Mississippi, and that's a *BIG* trade-off!  The new place is several miles into farm and forest country, which when said in reference to a place like Mississippi is really saying something!

Like it or not, it appears this is where we'll be for the long term and we've decided to make the best of it.  It will mean a 30 minute (~20-25 mile) drive to work every day, but I think coming home to a nice place every day will more than make up for it.

At least I hope it does.  :o

I don't know that I want to keep mowing the entire front yard (probably 2 acres or more).  I'm considering plowing up the half closest to the road and sowing indigenous wildflowers, but I'll likely leave most of the rest (more than half of the 11.43 acres) alone.  It's just fields now, but they're littered with beautiful old hardwoods.

I'm also planning to put a pond to the left (south) of the driveway nearest the road, and I'll plow up the remainder of that strip of land and sow wildflowers there, too.

I canceled the purchase of another amp (Spectron MIII SE Mk2) and a plasma TV (60" Pioneer KURO) when I found out everything is falling into place, both of which I *really* wanted.  I still want them, but the fact of the matter is the new place rocks:lol:  :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #34 on: 9 Aug 2008, 03:56 am »
Hey Jim....that place looks great....lots of room....peace and quiet....nice !!! 8)

With all that "extra" land....you could build a few free standing audio rooms...maybe one for each day of the week.... :rock:  :lol:

So.....no more complaining about....Mississippi....good luck... :thumb: 

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #35 on: 9 Aug 2008, 04:26 am »
Hey Jim....that place looks great....lots of room....peace and quiet....nice !!! 8)

With all that "extra" land....you could build a few free standing audio rooms...maybe one for each day of the week.... :rock:  :lol:

That would be sweet...  :thumb:  But somehow it seems to me the Monday gear would always sound lousy compared to the Saturday gear...    :lol:

Man, I can see the marketing on daily gear already!!!   :rotflmao:

Have fun,

Jerry

Double Ugly

« Reply #36 on: 9 Aug 2008, 03:52 pm »

Thanks, Chris.  All the nice things you say about the looks, room, peace and quiet are true... but it's still in this God-forsaken state.

Trust me, for as nice as this place is and as little (relatively speaking) as it's costing me, I'd gladly pay twice as much to have it located in any number of agreeable alternatives.

But you're right... I could (and may) have a completely free-standing room for my hobbies.  There's more than enough room, and I could even build it to match the house and shop building.  :thumb:

A room for each day of the week though?  Nah, that's a little excessive considering the limited equipment I have on hand.  But you?  I think you may need a room for every day of the month!  :wink:  :lol:

Enough about my place.  Let's see some more front yards.

mcgsxr

« Reply #37 on: 9 Aug 2008, 04:36 pm »
Compared to the glorious houses that I see, with lots of room around them, these will pale - but, it is a great place for the family, and 10 minutes from work!

Here is a winter shot of the front yard, the snow this past winter piled higher than the roof of my Accord!

Here is the backyard, showing off my beloved Napoleon BBQ, and the giant sun escaping device I have installed.

This is a great view east off my deck, at some of my favourite fall views.

OK, I am cheating here, this is a sunset from the cottage deck!

Double Ugly

« Reply #38 on: 9 Aug 2008, 05:45 pm »
Very nice home, Mark.  It does seem an excellent place to raise a family.  :thumb:

That's my one concern about our move - we've no nearby neighbors, and my 10-year old stepson is a *very* social creature.  We'll have to figure something out, because he'd *much* prefer a location similar to yours (neighborhood environment, loads of local kids, etc.).

BradJudy

« Reply #39 on: 9 Aug 2008, 07:13 pm »
Lets see if direct linking to a Google-hosted image works...

Here's the new home in Atlanta: