Has anybody had the AVA preamp power cord mod?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« on: 6 Nov 2003, 04:16 am »
If so, what was your experience?

I am suprised this doesn't void the warranty...

When I was buying my T7 preamp and asked Frank about power cords I received quite a lecture  :o

GW

Wayne1

« Reply #1 on: 6 Nov 2003, 03:36 pm »
No one has approached me yet about the preamp cord update.

I did have one of the local yokels :lol:  that own AVA gear get in touch with me about changing out the cable on his power amp, but he has not dropped it by, yet.

As to the warranty issue

Installing a differnt power cord on one of our products will not void the waranty as long as a three wire cord is not installed replacing a two wire cord, the new cord is safely connected to the correct internal terminations, internal fuses and transient surge absorbers are not bypassed, and that user safety is not compromised. Think before you start hacking.

Installing a different power cord, or any modifications at all, will of course void the 30 day satisfaction return guarantee, and the warranty will not cover the cost to remove or repair after-market modifications, or their consequences.

Note that making after-market changes to any of our products may make the cost of a future AVA factory upgrade more expensive or impossible, and have a negative impact on future market value. We don't own a hole undriller.

Frank Van Alstine

You can find the original post here.