thoughts on this room.

jmpiwonka

thoughts on this room.
« on: 17 Jul 2008, 09:10 pm »
what can i do with this room?

should i move the monitors to the north wall and position so there is symmetry?
when i did this little setup here i was thinking about this article. http://www.decware.com/paper14.htm

i'm not going to be able to do much, if any, treatment so i'm just looking for ideas as far placement.
this room is big and resonant, wood floors, hard high ceilings. i haven't noticed much bass boom from the room though.
the stairwell is basically acting as a short wall.
placement of doors pretty much limit me to having the speakers on the north wall, in the northeast corner where they are now or maybe on the west wall but that will cram the right speaker in the northwest corner...

Glenn K

Re: thoughts on this room.
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2008, 09:38 pm »
Yes you are going to want to put the stereo on the north wall. If you can get some bass trapping in the front corners and early reflection points.

Glenn

jmpiwonka

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2008, 09:45 pm »
that decware link keeps redirecting to the home page.
if you copy the link, once you get to the decware homepage just paste hte link into the address bar but don't hit enter. the page will come up after a few seconds.

jmpiwonka

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2008, 03:41 pm »
well i did move the speakers around. think it sounds better setup this way.
on the north wall with symmetry. 6' apart and 19" from the back wall.
the wall is actually 15' wide. the drawing i made is just a guesstimate.

i still think it is kinda bright in the room but overall not too bad. if i listen to vinyl it's fine, if the cd is recorded well it's ok.
the imaging is better.
i'm hoping getting a large area rug on the floor in front of the speakers will help some.

i don't think the girlfriend will be ok with bass traps since this is the living room...
i guess i could get creative and try to make something look appealing...
i haven't noticed any boominess really, when i get some time i need to search to see exactly what bass traps would do.