Pio Elite calibration question

Alwayswantmore

Pio Elite calibration question
« on: 14 Jul 2008, 12:36 pm »
Pioneer Elite TVs allow for each input to have individual calibration settings. How is this done? I've gone through the owners manual and can't find anything on this topic. Kent

Double Ugly

Re: Pio Elite calibration question
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2008, 04:46 pm »
Pioneer Elite TVs allow for each input to have individual calibration settings. How is this done? I've gone through the owners manual and can't find anything on this topic. Kent

You'd probably be better off asking on the AVS forum, Kent.  Those guys live and breathe for this stuff.

That said, if Chad is going to give it an ISF calibration, the only thing I'd concern myself with now is making sure it's properly burned-in (at least 100 hours; preferably more).  Chad will take care of the rest, and when he's finished, you won't care to access any of those sorts of things ever again.  :wink:

Dan Driscoll

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2008, 05:38 pm »

What is stored are the service and user settings, a calibration simply adjusts those settings for optimum performance. When the set is turned off or you change to another input the current settings are saved to non-volatile memory, then re-loaded when you turn the display back. There is a memory location for each different input.

If you change the calibrated settings you will lose your calibration. That's why you should always write down the settings before making any adjustments. FWIW, most displays have this, not just Pioneer Elites.

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2008, 07:04 pm »
Thank you gentlemen. I've been reading other AV forums -- just enough to confuse me. I wasn't sure how unique the Elite was compared to other sets.

Chad will be here on the 23rd. I was doing my homework to know what variables were included with this set -- just in case he didn't have much experience with the Elites.

After doing some homework, I am more than happy to have an experienced person doing this rather than DIY.

Double Ugly

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2008, 02:55 am »
Chad will be here on the 23rd. I was doing my homework to know what variables were included with this set -- just in case he didn't have much experience with the Elites.

Chad is relatively experienced with the new Elites.  In fact, it was his experience with and opinion of last year's model that prompted me to look for a dealer.

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2008, 12:11 pm »

Chad is relatively experienced with the new Elites.  In fact, it was his experience with and opinion of last year's model that prompted me to look for a dealer.
Good to hear. I've got a burn in DVD playing as I write this... Thanks, Kent