iPhone 3G

SET Man

Re: iPhone 3G
« Reply #20 on: 14 Jul 2008, 02:16 am »
Hey!

iPhone? What iPhone? I don't even own an iPod yet. :lol:

Anyway, I didn't buy the first iPhone because it was too expensive. Of course I knew that it will eventually the price will come down. :wink:

But! Still I can't buy the iPhone G3 yet. I have to wait for my cell contract to expire first  :duh:

Well, by then maybe the iPhone G3 will be less then $200... maybe.  :icon_lol:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Bemopti123

« Reply #21 on: 14 Jul 2008, 04:07 am »
Even though the Ipod has gone down in price and it has some incredible features, the fact that most are forced to sign up for what I feel are very expensive data plans without many discounts makes me wonder whether it is more for those who have a lot of cash left for discretionary spending. 

The scariest part of the Iphone is its capacity to download cool apps that at first may seem rather affordable either free or at $9.99 each, but it is much like Itunes and Ipods for some, the convenience of downloading song at just $.99 a track makes people think that they are getting a relative bargain for the convenience....but how someone else I know who used to hate Apple said, "Itunes is terrible, these .99 cent tracks seem affordable at first but I did not realized that I bought about $500 worth of songs that I really DO NOT OWN." 

All of these things will be phenomenal for Apple in the long term but terrible for the consumer who does not have tight control of their wishes and wants.   :thumb:

PS:  Buddy, I can switch out of my beat up BlackJack with weird screen defect, but for what is worth, it has served me well and has been my beating phone for the past 2 years.  I think I will keep it until it reaches telephone heaven. 

denjo

« Reply #22 on: 14 Jul 2008, 04:18 am »
I am also eyeing the iPhone 3G with keen interest, hoping to use it with the Wadia iTransport 170 which allows bit perfect data from the iPhone to the Wadia and then to a quality DAC. The fact that it doubles up as a phone and has wifi and a lot of other features is a great bonus!!I have had my Nokia 8310 for the last 6 years and I must say it has served me very well! But, I think it is time to decommission my "dinosaur" and invest in the iPhone!  :D

Double Ugly

« Reply #23 on: 14 Jul 2008, 06:00 pm »
I have really really enjoyed my (original) iPhone for the last year, and I was all set to upgrade to the new one.

I just looked up the AT&T 3G map and found out that I'm not near any of their 3G territories :evil:

Oh well, the first one still works fine and with the upgrade to 2.0 has most of the new features (but not 3G).

All of the above applies to me, too.  I was really geared-up to get a couple 3Gs, only to find the nearest coverage is 2 hours away.

The 2.0 upgrade looks pretty nice, and as much as I'd like the increased speed and capabilities of 3G, it ain't worth moving into a city to get it. 

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #24 on: 17 Jul 2008, 03:15 am »