What's the difference betw. 8b ST and 8b ST THX certified...

leusink1

I know that the THX versions have a remote power on/off trigger. But I could operate the amp without using this trigger, correct?

Also is there any difference in sound, level, input sensitivity?.

Thanks,

Albert

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: What's the difference betw. 8b ST and 8b ST THX certified...
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2008, 07:31 pm »
I know that the THX versions have a remote power on/off trigger. But I could operate the amp without using this trigger, correct?

Thanks,

Albert

Hi Albert,

Originally THX required that you had to 'differentiate' the THX versions of the amplifiers from the standard amplifiers so we just added the triggers to set the THX apart from the non THX. 

After we decided not to offer THX amplifiers anymore we added the trigger feature to our standard amplifiers.

The THX and the Non-THX amps have exactly the same performance.

james

KeithA

Re: What's the difference betw. 8b ST and 8b ST THX certified...
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2008, 12:47 pm »

Thanks,

Albert

Hi Albert,

Originally THX required that you had to 'differentiate' the THX versions of the amplifiers from the standard amplifiers so we just added the triggers to set the THX apart from the non THX. 

After we decided not to offer THX amplifiers anymore we added the trigger feature to our standard amplifiers.

The THX and the Non-THX amps have exactly the same performance.

james

Even though it means little, I really love the triggers. Now that I have the SP1.7/14BSST/6BSST I have the 6BSST powering up (centre and rears) only when I select DVD on the SP1.7. As well, once I unselect DVD on the SP1.7, the 6B powers down. Also, I have never had to use the membrane switch on any of my SST amps over the years as they are powered up when the SP1.7 is powered on using the remote.

Means nothing as far as performance, but I like the convenience (and since I don't keep the amps powered on at all times).

Keith