The Police on PBS

kbuzz3

The Police on PBS
« on: 11 Jul 2008, 01:32 pm »
Watched the show from the Omni in Ga circa 1983 last night.  I was a big police fan prior to synchronicity.   To confess i had a hard time listening because i could not believe what sting looked like.  It was disturbing.  Frosted, colored hair with black roots, blow dried to perfection, a multi colored cape thing with huge shoulders, feathers/streamers, open to the waist with no undershirt.  I wasnt sure if it was a concert or a west village video (seinfeld: "not that there is anything wrong with it").  Geez i knew he was a windbag in the past 10 years but honestly i didnt realize until last night that he had become such a tool so early....

I wasnt so districted from the music since i saw a springsteen non e street band show in the meadowlands about 8-9 years ago. He had this slash/ guns and roses lead guitar wannabe making strange faces and running around like a 6 year old....

back to the show: as for the music, once i could get past the phil collins, sssssudio vision, i must say that copeland is one heck of a drummer.  Unlike other bands he used his set like  lead instrument pushing, leading and setting tone and speed. Really fantastic.  Those three guys made a lot of sound for a smaller band.

Worth watching if only for the sting goof

chadh

Re: The Police on PBS
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2008, 02:43 pm »
i must say that copeland is one heck of a drummer.  Unlike other bands he used his set like  lead instrument pushing, leading and setting tone and speed. Really fantastic.  Those three guys made a lot of sound for a smaller band.

I'll be seeing The Police live in a couple of weeks in Detroit.  More than anything else, I'm looking forward to hearing Stewart Copeland play.

I suspect Sting will be dressed more conservatively this time.  But alas, he'll still be a tool...

Chad