HTIB??

chgolatin2

HTIB??
« on: 10 Jul 2008, 02:19 pm »
Any good Home Theater In a Box out there?  Since I have a master bedroom I dont need all the clutter  however I am interested in something small, good sounding and a well rounded performer.  So far I looked into the Denon S-102 and the S-302 also the Sony DAV-X1 but I really dont know much about HTIB systems.

Any advise would be HIGHLY appreciated~!   :thumb:

Thanks

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: HTIB??
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2008, 03:02 pm »
I don't know much about the HTIB's either, but I'd think Yamaha would be a brand to look into.
What's you price range, and how many channels are you looking for?

Also, as always, keep an eye on how many and of what type inputs the unit has. You can quickly "paint yourself in a corner" with one that isn't compatablle with the goodies you might want to use for sources.

Bob

kyyuan

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2008, 04:09 pm »
In case you didn't already know, avsform has a forum dedicated to HTIB.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=109

Doublej

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2008, 12:34 am »
A few questions. Are you open to a receiver with built in DVD player? Do you want 2 or 5 channels?

There are 2 and 5.1 channel units from NAD, Teac, Onkyo/Integra and others. A friend has an earlier version of the Integra DSR-7.3 5.1 channel DVD/Reciever that sounds quite nice.

Add your favorite speakers to one of these and you'll have a great sounding compact system that will sound much better than a HTIB.