5992 for 6V6 in BAT VK-75 SE AMP.Comments on this tube exchange please

jazzcourier

I would be grateful for any comments on the exchange of the 5992 tube for the 6v6 in the BAT VK-75 SE power amp,or the nature of the sonic changes one might encounter in this tube swap.Anyone tried this exchange on any other amp? Victor of BAT says "he has never tried it".If you have specific tube information,on either of these tubes i would like to hear about it.I have tried both Pope 6v6 "glorious spread in the midrange" and the JAN 6v6 "Sparkle on the top".Ideally i would like to combine these two properties together in one tube,be it 6v6 or 5992.Thanks for your comments!

jazzcourier

Dinnertime  bump for the tube gurus!

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
The 5992 Specs (pdf).
I'm gonna guess it's a cooler sounding tube...  :scratch:

There is this guy called Charles Hansen that is sort of an authority on the Red Banks tubes.. I'm not sure if that is
The Charles Hansen from Ayre but, there is a book on the subject by one with that name: Red Bank book.
Could be usefull to you jazzcourier  :thumb: if you want to know more about these tubes.
Since you obviously have talked to Victor Khomenko, maybe he did recommend a 6V6 tube for you other than the 5992?

Imperial

« Last Edit: 9 Jul 2008, 02:11 pm by Imperial »