SPDIF Coax to USB converter

navi

SPDIF Coax to USB converter
« on: 29 Jun 2008, 11:43 am »
I'm looking for a SPDIF Digital to USB converter (transport/CD player to AVI ADM9 speakers)
Anybody have a clue to what I can get as every thing i've found is USB to SPDIF.

Ivan

panomaniac

Re: SPDIF Coax to USB converter
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jul 2008, 06:21 am »
Hmmm... Yeah.  Everything USB I've seen has only inputs, never USB out. It may be that the USB host is harder to do than the client.

There must be something out there.....

Jampot

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jul 2008, 11:31 am »
I 'think' the M-Audio Transit should do what you need -

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Transit/

This was the basis of the Red Wine Audio USB Select that Vinnie used to rebox and drive by battery. In re-boxing it however the only connections maintained were the usb in and spdif out - but it seems it should work the other way round in it's native form. The issue I can see may be that it depends on the usb power supply and perhaps  AVI's don't have that feature.

There may be something else in the M-Audio range.

Good luck

Jim

navi

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jul 2008, 02:12 pm »
Thanks for your response Jim

I have a feeling the AVI's won't power the unit and i was looking for something with coaxial SPDIF  not optical - as I don't want to add a spdif or optical converter into the system as well.

I will ask a pro-music shop.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #4 on: 1 Jul 2008, 02:22 pm »
You are going to need a USB DAC, SPDIF to USB converter or get AVI ADM9 speakers with SPDIF input.  I would guess your options are Change DAC, add a converter or change the input on your speakers.   

navi

« Reply #5 on: 1 Jul 2008, 10:33 pm »
I want to use my CD transport 75ohm SPDIF output>>> SPDIF to USB converter >>>> USB input of the speakers