Music Reference at RMAF? (rocky mountain audio festival)

Roger A. Modjeski

Should I?

I would like to converse with someone who knows the festival well from their direct experience. I've never been. Over the history of the company I showed my gear at Las Vegas CES several times in the early 80's. One show is enough and I'd rather show at RMAF if I am going to do it at all.

Is there anyone out there who would like to assist me in setting things up, welcoming the guests and playing their music? I usually end up out in the hallway talking with interested parties about my designs. I would like to set up a two room affair, one for listening and one for talking.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Music Reference at RMAF? (rocky mountain audio festival)
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2008, 06:04 pm »
I think it's most definitely worth your while.  As far as I'm concerned, it's the best 'user/customer' show around.  2 rooms together might be tough at this point - a lot of the rooms are already gone but you might find something - I haven't looked at the booking lately. 

I can't hang in the room as I already have 2 rooms shared with ACI/GIK/BSP/Audioquest and at least 2 other rooms that GIK is treating that I know of.  I'd certainly stop by and take a listen though - especially if you're going to be bringing the 'stats.  :wink: :thumb:

Bryan

rbwalt

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2008, 02:10 pm »
roger i have heard also that it is a very good show to attend. contact rich at signature sound in syracuse or bobby at merlin as they both attend together. they know one of the organizers quite well.

rob.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2008, 02:12 pm »
Should I?

I would like to converse with someone who knows the festival well from their direct experience. I've never been. Over the history of the company I showed my gear at Las Vegas CES several times in the early 80's. One show is enough and I'd rather show at RMAF if I am going to do it at all.

Is there anyone out there who would like to assist me in setting things up, welcoming the guests and playing their music? I usually end up out in the hallway talking with interested parties about my designs. I would like to set up a two room affair, one for listening and one for talking.

Absolutely!!

I would be very interested in hearing your new ESL speakers.

George

Adam Goldfine

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jul 2008, 10:22 am »
Roger,

I would definitely go to RMAF. It is well attended by audio enthusiasts as well as the audio press and is a great place to demonstrate your products to people who care. If you look at the event coverage in Stereophile, TAS, Positive Feedback, etc. you can see the kind of attention the show gets. The show has been expanded to two hotels this year. I don't know what that means for room availability at this point, but I think it's safe to assume there is a better chance that rooms are available than when it was just one . .  he, he. It you want to know anything else about the show give me a call or shoot me an email. Kevin Hayes has exhibited there so you may want to pick his brain from a manufacturer's perspective.

Adam

Scottdazzle

« Reply #5 on: 9 Oct 2008, 05:53 pm »
So Roger, are you going to be there or not?  I'd love to see and hear the MR pieces I don't own.

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2008, 06:37 pm »
Hi to all,

We have so many projects going on that I cannot go to RMAF this year.  I hope it will be well attended and fun for those who go.