Any ideas for grilling Artichoke?

Wayner

Any ideas for grilling Artichoke?
« on: 27 Jun 2008, 09:23 pm »
Before going to work, I suggested to the wife to get some artichoke for grilling tonight, just to try something different. Anybody have any ideas how to do this? I've heard it's good, but don't really have a clue. Your imput would be put to use within hours!

Wayner

sbrtoy

Re: Any ideas for grilling Artichoke?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2008, 10:26 pm »
top rack with sea salt and some olive oil, try not to burn it....that's about the best advice I can give.  :wink:

Wayner

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2008, 11:09 pm »
Thanks!

We've found one receipe in the Big Red Weber cookbook and it said soak them in water/lemon juice for a while, wrap them in aluminum foil drissled with EVOO and kosher salt. We're going to add some butter. Wish us luck!

Wayner  :drool:

some young guy

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2008, 11:32 pm »
I poach them first. I'll usually make the poaching liquid from white wine, olive oil, garlic, chili flakes, thyme, lemons, parsley, salt, black pepper corns and Tabasco. I cook them to al dente, cool them and then finish them on the grill.

I don't like to cook in aluminum much.

datman

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2008, 12:59 am »
I think this method is best.  Also, split the chokes in half and scoop out the purple choke before you grill them. Just brush with olive oil and grill away, NOT over direct heat so the olive oil doesn't catch fire.