Speakers to use with Trends Audio TA-10.1 Amp?

ace_of_grace

Speakers to use with Trends Audio TA-10.1 Amp?
« on: 26 Jun 2008, 12:49 pm »
Hi all,

Just wondering what speakers people are using with the Trends Audio TA-10.1 Amplifier? I'm on a budget of £150-£200.

Sensitivity could be an issue due to the low output of the amp, considering the Epos ELS3s although their sensitivity is quite low at 87. Any recommendations? I listen to mainly dance/house music in a 4x4m room. my source is a computer of lossless files with an m-audiophile 2496 soundcard.

Thanks!

Jonat

Re: Speakers to use with Trends Audio TA-10.1 Amp?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2008, 01:19 pm »
I bought a pair of Visaton B200 from Thomann in Germany, much cheaper than in the UK.

They sound good as open baffles, endless posts on these,  and I'm about to start a pair of large horn flares for them......

Jonat

Re: Speakers to use with Trends Audio TA-10.1 Amp?
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2008, 01:26 pm »
Source is an SB+ using Wav from my AppleMac.

Not the deepest bass, I accept, but amazingly detailed and fast for the size of the 'rig'.

My main system is ML Odysseys and a large power amp with a Placette active preamp in front. While it does have more of everything, the performance of the B200 in just about any ol' baffle is really amazing (for the price).

Leaning them against walls and 'experimenting' is permitted and educational......
I just chose nice ply to start with.....