FOR SALE - Special Edition 502A with cosmetic blemish

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
While unpacking a few of our Jolida 502A amplifiers today for Special Edition mods, I came across one that has a rust area about the size of a nickle on the top towards the front of the amp. Seems to have been an air pocket between the paint and chassis. It is noticable and I don't want to bother with transfering the innards of this amp into another chassis.

I am going to perform the "Basic Edition Mods" on this amp which consist of the following upgrades.

**One piece BRAND NEW Jolida 502A amplifier (as mentioned above with cosmetic blemish)
** Audience AuriCap "signal path" capacitors - 6 pieces
** Dale/Vishay 1/2 watt & 1 watt Metal Film resistors used throughout the signal path
** VISHAY 5 watt  resistors replacing the tube emitter cushion resistors.
** Upgraded volume pot
** Removal/bypass of balance pot
** Power tubes -  Svetlana 6550
**  Sovtek 12AX7WA signal tubes
**  EH 12AT7 driver tubes

Regular price on the Basic Edition amp is $960. I will knock off $160 for this nickle size imperfection and let it go for $800. This is still a brand new unit with the above mentioned mods performed and brand new tubes.

Please feel free to ask any and all questions here, in a PM or email me prior to making a decission. With my current work load, delivery would be approx. 1 - 1.5 weeks. You may also have further upgrades performed such as the Standard or Special Edition modifications as I wil not start the mods till the amp is sold. This allows me to custom modify the amp to personal preference. Please visit my website for further details on the various versions of this amp.

It will go to the first party interested with only a 1/2 down payment required.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Finally got a picture
« Reply #1 on: 2 Nov 2003, 09:26 pm »
Below is a picture of the blemish found on this amp. Please note the amp is shown with EL34 tubes. This amp is actually a Jolida 502A which uses 6550 or KT88 tubes. If you would like this amp for use with EL34 tubes, just let me know and I will convert it.

The blemish is in the right front top corner.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
FOR SALE - Special Edition 502A with cosmetic blemish
« Reply #2 on: 5 Nov 2003, 07:38 pm »
The "Basic Edition" blemish piece has been sold.

Also, we are out of the October Special Edition amplifiers.

Due to the high number of Special Edition units sold and customer owned Jolida amps sent in for modifications, we are currenty on a 2-3 week backup. For all of you that may be interested in a Special Edition amp or sending in your Jolida amp for modifications, please contact me first to schedule your unit to be send in. If you send it in now, you will be without it till we finish up our current work load.

Thank you all and happy listening.