Looking for advice with imod

oniontech

Looking for advice with imod
« on: 23 Jun 2008, 08:05 am »
Im considering the imod with an 80 gb 5th gen ipod. Its awesome becuase i can store most of my uncompressed music libraray, now i can acutally experience it. My question is, can i use the 5th gen imod to connect to my car audio setup. I erther have rear aux input or the ipod dock connector. My Head unit is the Alpine CDA-9887. Im aware that the headphone out is not touched at all with the imod. So is there a way to get the full quality out of the imod line out paired with the CDA-9887 unit somehow.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Looking for advice with imod
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2008, 12:46 pm »
Im considering the imod with an 80 gb 5th gen ipod. Its awesome becuase i can store most of my uncompressed music libraray, now i can acutally experience it. My question is, can i use the 5th gen imod to connect to my car audio setup. I erther have rear aux input or the ipod dock connector. My Head unit is the Alpine CDA-9887. Im aware that the headphone out is not touched at all with the imod. So is there a way to get the full quality out of the imod line out paired with the CDA-9887 unit somehow.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hi oniontech,

Welcome to audiocircle and the RWA forum!

You will need to purchase an ALO iMod Dock cable (see: www.aloaudio.com) that is terminated with a stereo miniplug, and that needs to plug into your AUX input of your Alpine.

Best regards,

Vinnie