My outlet is too far away

Occam

Re: My outlet is too far away
« Reply #20 on: 23 Jun 2008, 06:22 pm »
......The highs are just as extended and so is the bass. It actually may add a little texture in the mids.......

Compared to what, specifically?
What outlet is feeding you Wiremold?

TIA,
Paul

mca

« Reply #21 on: 23 Jun 2008, 06:28 pm »
If I had any talent to DIY, I would try a Felix. Sadly, I don't have the time, tools or patience to take on anything like that.

I have decided to try and track down a used RS Haley and give it a try. Or if there is a vendor that has a trial period I would go that route.

jrokke

« Reply #22 on: 23 Jun 2008, 08:09 pm »
Compared to what, specifically?
What outlet is feeding you Wiremold?

I had my integrated amp and cd player plugged straight into the wall which has a ps audio receptacle in it. That outlet  has several  light switches and receptacles wired on the same fuse. Overall is sounds pretty clean and pretty consistent through out the day. 
So I added the wiremold to the mix and don't feel like anything really got in the way of the sound I had. I have tried a PS Audio ultimate outlet and felt the music lost life. Also a mid range Monster Power conditioner which was worse.
 The Wiremold outlet is cheap and in my system did no harm and thats what i was looking for. :D

Occam

« Reply #23 on: 23 Jun 2008, 08:52 pm »
Jrokke,

Thanks for the clarification. The one thing I've learned is there are no absolutes. I've been mucking about with my own power conditioner, a multi-Felix with separate filters, and modified topologies for sources and amps, and had settled on the HBL5262 outlets for both my wall and conditioner outlets. So I go over to a friends who is in a similar situation to yours with a HBL5362 in the wall and 20' for VH type II cordage to a 2 PSAudio duplex outlets, with only one in actual use ,to his conditioner and the other outlet directly to his CAT pre. I was sure that the Hubbell would give a more consistent, better sound, so I replaced one of the PS Audios with a Hubbell. But in his system, with his components, the PS audio was better on the extension outlets. Go figure. I had a similar situation comparing my Felix built into a POCC cord compared to an Audience single outlet Adept feeding the Wiremold outlet bar. In that situation the consensus was for the Felix, but no doubt with other components the preference might well have gone the other way. With the combinatoric variables of plugs, cords, cables, components, conditioners, etc.... it provides an opportunity for hundreds of hours of ill spent time. :(

Regards,
Paul

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #24 on: 23 Jun 2008, 08:53 pm »
If I had any talent to DIY, I would try a Felix. Sadly, I don't have the time, tools or patience to take on anything like that.

I have decided to try and track down a used RS Haley and give it a try. Or if there is a vendor that has a trial period I would go that route.

I hear that. :slap: I can do the little things but when it comes to soldering or circuit boards,,, I'm way out of my league. :dunno: But I'm really happy with the setup I now have so the only thing I'm lacking is having my curiosity satisfied. :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Occam

« Reply #25 on: 23 Jun 2008, 10:02 pm »
MCA, Saffrat -

I certainly wouldn't bemoan an unwillingness to diy, especially if you're not comfortable with working with potentially lethal AC voltages. Its really not a way to save money, leastwise if you assign any value to your time. (mine doesn't have any), have a selfless DIYer friend like Gordy, or you get some aberrant pleasure from it (I do :roll:) And trying to mill out openings for outlets is miserable experience.
As I mentioned above (and you've chosen) there are excellent products available, and ofttimes in the used market, they're even a greater value, and less of a risk because you can resell it if it doesn't meet your needs.

Regards,
Paul