"The Bucket List"

Bigfish

"The Bucket List"
« on: 15 Jun 2008, 01:38 am »
I watched "The Bucket List" tonight with my family.  I rented the movie from BB thinking it ws going to be a comedy.  While there were several funny parts in the movie it was really a comedy/drama.  My faimily liked the movie and I can say I recommend you rent this one.  My rating 7 out 10 stars.

Ken

bummrush

Re: "The Bucket List"
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2008, 03:12 am »
Watched it last night,same here about the comedy.Very good movie,hard to go wrong with Morgan and Jack.

ebag4

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2008, 04:39 am »
Just finished it.  I have always liked Morgan Freeman, especially when he narrates (only portions of this movie).  This is no different, good flick  :thumb:.

BobM

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2008, 01:02 pm »
I agree, good film.

Jack is really getting uglier and uglier, isn' he?

Bigfish

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2008, 01:05 pm »
I agree, good film.

Jack is really getting uglier and uglier, isn' he?

Bob:

I thought Jack looked pretty rough but when they shaved that head - man, he is one of those guys that looks darn awful with a bald head!

Ken

ajzepp

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jun 2008, 03:35 pm »
Wow, this movie really touched me. It hit a little close to home, as I lost a parent to cancer last year...so it definitely pulled on some heart strings. Personal stuff aside, I really enjoyed the trip these guys took me on. I wasn't really sure what it was about when I rented it (Freeman and Nicholson...what else do you need to know?), so I was pleasantly surprised. Thumbs up from me!

nodiak

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jun 2008, 07:36 pm »
Just rented it last night and really liked it. A people movie rather than an entertainment event for sure.
Got to me emotional too, have had alot of close people pass. Also those two men put together the kind of valuable friendship everyone craves. And I really want to travel more of the world, seeing old guys do it was inspiring.
Don

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #7 on: 18 Jun 2008, 03:10 am »
4.0 out of 5 stars, what more can you say but Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. Simply a heartwarming movie that makes happiness out of tragedy,,, or should I say life. This movie has it all but as touching as it was, I still couldn't find any sympathy for Jack Nicholson's LA Lakers.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Cheers,
Robin
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2008, 04:07 am by satfrat »

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #8 on: 23 Jul 2008, 04:03 am »
I finally got around to watching the DVD....it was a good movie. 8)

There's a part where Morgan and Jack discuss death and a survey that was taken....asking if you'd wanna know the day you would die.
In the movie....96% was mentioned...they didn't want to know the day.

Would you wanna know the day you would die? :scratch:

mjosef

« Reply #9 on: 23 Jul 2008, 05:17 am »
Sure...maybe I can arm wrestle with Death when he/she/it shows up  :lol:
But first...I go wrestle with sleep first.  aa