New GIK Table Trap now available

sleepysurf

• Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society
    • Suncoast Audiophile Society
Re: New GIK Table Trap now available
« Reply #20 on: 13 Aug 2008, 01:05 am »
...This GIK product will make the 8th different acoustic treatment company that'll be represented in my smallish room. I'm actually using this table as a bonsia plant stand and it'll be located close to the 1st reflection point of my left Lorelei loudspeaker. I'm buying this table for both it's looks and for it's function as a plant stand. Any audible benefits will strickly be a bonus...

Wow, EIGHT different manufacturers!!  Do you have any room/system pics you can share?

I've had a GIK Table Trap for a couple months now... very pleased.  I was likewise not sure how much acoustic improvement it would add by itself, but I needed a side table anyways, so what the heck!  It has great WAF-appeal, and the Brown Oak finish perfectly matched my other furniture.  I also have a GIK Pillar Trap, and "Soft Sound" acoustic panels from American Micro Industries (a little higher-end styling than the GIK panels).  Together, all these acoustic treatments substantially improved my soundstage depth, imaging, and tonal balance.  IMHO, investing time and $$ for acoustic treatments gives you more bang for the buck than most any other upgrade.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: New GIK Table Trap now available
« Reply #21 on: 13 Aug 2008, 01:31 am »
...This GIK product will make the 8th different acoustic treatment company that'll be represented in my smallish room. I'm actually using this table as a bonsia plant stand and it'll be located close to the 1st reflection point of my left Lorelei loudspeaker. I'm buying this table for both it's looks and for it's function as a plant stand. Any audible benefits will strickly be a bonus...

Wow, EIGHT different manufacturers!!  Do you have any room/system pics you can share?

I've had a GIK Table Trap for a couple months now... very pleased.  I was likewise not sure how much acoustic improvement it would add by itself, but I needed a side table anyways, so what the heck!  It has great WAF-appeal, and the Brown Oak finish perfectly matched my other furniture.  I also have a GIK Pillar Trap, and "Soft Sound" acoustic panels from American Micro Industries (a little higher-end styling than the GIK panels).  Together, all these acoustic treatments substantially improved my soundstage depth, imaging, and tonal balance.  IMHO, investing time and $$ for acoustic treatments gives you more bang for the buck than most any other upgrade.

Don't really have a whole lotta pix of my system or the room(thanks for asking) but this thread wouldn't be the place to post any other pictures than of my soon to be delivered GIK Table Trap anyways. :oops: My whole system reeks of golden oak so this Table Trap will fit in nicely once I put on some Golden Oak wood finish. If it happens to work out well as a plant stand, I maybe just pull the trigger for another to be used as a recliner stand which I could really use anyways. :lol: My room is only 11' x 17' x 7' w/ 1/2 open rear wall but I've found room treatment to be a godsend. I'm looking forward to being a GIK owner & thanks for your post! :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin