New GIK Table Trap now available

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
New GIK Table Trap now available
« on: 14 Jun 2008, 03:52 pm »
We've expanded our Elite series with the new Table Trap.  It's designed to fit into residential spaces where aesthetics is a major concern and many conventional treatments are not feasible.

It's similar in performance to our Monster panel and is open on all 4 sides like the Pillar Trap for maximum performance with a minimal footprint both physically and visually.  It's available in either Maple or Oak wood and a choice of stains and Guilford fabric. 

Bryan

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: New GIK Table Trap now available
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2008, 04:00 pm »
Bryan,

That looks very nice.

Where does it need to be placed for maximum effectiveness?

For example, how effective would it be to place one on either side of my listening chair which is in an open space with no walls within 6-8'?

Thanks,

George

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2008, 04:09 pm »
Hey George.

That's why we leave it open on all sides.  It'll be effective pretty much anywhere from a decay time standpoint.  Obviously it's going to be different than being against a wall boundary.  We've played with them flanking couches, between 2 chairs, out in the room, and against walls.  The results are all different from a frequency response standpoint but for knocking down bass ringing, they're effective in all of them.

Bryan

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2008, 04:19 pm »
Thats sweet how much is it with that lamp  :lol:

IronLion

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2008, 04:36 pm »
I've been waiting for you guys to come up with something like that!  How much will they cost? 

EDIT: Price is on website, $299.99 each.  :duh:

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jun 2008, 04:48 pm »
Thats sweet how much is it with that lamp  :lol:

That's not just any lamp - that's a 'Clever Little Lamp' that introduces magical properties to your soundstage.  It runs $1k  :rotflmao:

Bryan

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2008, 04:49 pm »
I've been waiting for you guys to come up with something like that!  How much will they cost? 

Retail will ultimately be $399.  Introductory price is $299

Bryan

IronLion

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2008, 04:50 pm »
Hmmm how long will this introductory price be going for?  Maybe I'll have to order two... :lol:  Also, how much do they weigh?

Bryan

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2008, 04:56 pm »
Don't know the weight - sorry.  That's the only one right now and it's with Glenn in Atlanta. 

I'd guess that price will probably last a month maybe. 

Bryan

P.S.  We'd be happy to sell you 2 of them  :green:

Bryan

sleepysurf

• Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society
    • Suncoast Audiophile Society
« Reply #9 on: 14 Jun 2008, 06:31 pm »
Absolutely brilliant idea!  I'm smack in the middle of finalizing acoustic treatments for my family/listening room, and these are perfect!  How 'bout working out a snazzy design for a Coffee Table Trap!!

TomW16

« Reply #10 on: 14 Jun 2008, 06:42 pm »
How 'bout working out a snazzy design for a Coffee Table Trap!!

That is exactly what I was thinking sleepysurf.  This reminds me of the hidden-subwoofer-in-an-end-table idea.

Good job Bryan.

Tom

Glenn K

« Reply #11 on: 14 Jun 2008, 10:38 pm »
Hmmm how long will this introductory price be going for?  Maybe I'll have to order two... :lol:  Also, how much do they weigh?

Bryan

I will need to make sure but I believe the weight is just around 15 pounds. I know this because I had to carry it from the plant to  Ines's (partner in crime) office to take photos. Oh my little buddy was around that day and told me something. :green: :P

Glenn

sleepysurf

• Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society
    • Suncoast Audiophile Society
« Reply #12 on: 14 Jun 2008, 11:06 pm »
If I had a dog, that's definitely what he'd be saying!  I showed my wife and she said "Now you're talking!"  She already gave me permission to order TWO!! 

A couple questions though...
1. Is the one in the picture the Cherry or Brown finish?  Can't quite tell.  Our furniture is dark brown/walnut, and I'm wondering how dark the Brown Oak is.
2. If I eventually wanted to replace the panel fabric with something else, would that be possible for a DIY-er?

Glenn K

« Reply #13 on: 14 Jun 2008, 11:43 pm »
"1. Is the one in the picture the Cherry or Brown finish?  Can't quite tell.  Our furniture is dark brown/walnut, and I'm wondering how dark the Brown Oak is."

That is the Brown, which is does have a tint of red but I believe that is because of the floor.

"2. If I eventually wanted to replace the panel fabric with something else, would that be possible for a DIY-er?"

Sure, but I would need to walk you through how to do it.

Glenn

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #14 on: 16 Jun 2008, 11:19 am »
TTT For those of you who were getting pampered all weekend...

Bryan

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
« Reply #15 on: 16 Jun 2008, 03:29 pm »
 :idea:
This is an ingenious way to take care of the most important part of this hobby...
I can see this extending out to coffee tables, equipment stands, or even a free-standing bar.  :beer:
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2008, 08:36 pm by max190 »

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 20 Jun 2008, 03:34 pm »
Could be.  All depends on what the market wants. 

Bryan

Glenn K

« Reply #17 on: 24 Jun 2008, 02:34 pm »
This is an ingenious way to take care of the most important part of this hobby...
I can see this extending out to coffee tables, equipment stands, or even a free-standing bar.  :beer:

A bass trap that will pour a beer? Now that is one bass trap I could belly up too!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy: :beer: Sorry Bryan,  but I will have to handle the R+D on this one.  :dunno: :wine:

Glenn

Big Red Machine

« Reply #18 on: 24 Jun 2008, 02:35 pm »

I know that avatar!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #19 on: 12 Aug 2008, 11:10 pm »
My oak Table Trap is in the mail and I'm stoked. :hyper: This GIK product will make the 8th different acoustic treatment company that'll be represented in my smallish room. I'm actually using this table as a bonsia plant stand and it'll be located close to the 1st reflection point of my left Lorelei loudspeaker. I'm buying this table for both it's looks and for it's function as a plant stand. Any audible benefits will strickly be a bonus, I may even try a second subwoofer now. :D

Brian was nice enough to call the factory and have my oak stand sent unfinished so I can match the oak finish to that of my system. Having a maple, cherry or brown finish on oak doesn't do oak justice IMHO but Golden Oak,,,, now that's what I'm talking about. Golden Oak should match up well with my choice of Guilford OF MAINE black fabric. :drool: Thanks Brian for working with me on this. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin