HT3 front ported

dcktr

HT3 front ported
« on: 13 Jun 2008, 03:56 am »
Hello
I have been lurking around for awhile. I am intrigued by the HT3.
I saw on the website a pair of HT3 that had the ports in the front. I have limited rear room for my speakers. I will have about 14" from the back of the speaker to the rear wall. (In addition I do not have much side wall room) Any suggestions here. Is this distance OK for the speakers as they are normally built, or do I need to go with the rear ports? What do I lose if I go this way?
By the way, what is the current waiting time from order to delivery these days?

Thanks
Ron

Papajin

Re: HT3 front ported
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2008, 07:22 am »
14" may very well be enough.  I'm sure Jim will give you some direction in that area.  Another alternate possibility would be go with a fully sealed HT3 as well, rather than front ported.  I could be wrong, but I get the feeling Jim prefers sealed cabinets to a front port.  I'll let Jim give the run down on the benefits of a sealed vs. front ported speaker... either that or correct my assumption. :)

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2008, 10:04 am »
You've choesn wisely. said Sir Knight of the Roundtable. :singing:

14" is enough room for the ports to be in the back.  You wouldn't want to push them back in the corner much more for overall performance anyways.

And wait time is down to 2-3 hours now for the HT3.  Jim wil usually be veneering yours up as he talks to you on the phone about your finish choice.  Nobody really knows this but he's a freak and has 4 arms!!  Little known fact, but it really helps his productivity, so keep it quiet. Wink2

:bounce:  He is da man!

Kokishin

• Cirroc: Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2008, 02:52 am »
See this thread: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=37031.0

Hello
I have been lurking around for awhile. I am intrigued by the HT3.
I saw on the website a pair of HT3 that had the ports in the front. I have limited rear room for my speakers. I will have about 14" from the back of the speaker to the rear wall. (In addition I do not have much side wall room) Any suggestions here. Is this distance OK for the speakers as they are normally built, or do I need to go with the rear ports? What do I lose if I go this way?
By the way, what is the current waiting time from order to delivery these days?

Thanks
Ron