ACA2b power cord

truant

ACA2b power cord
« on: 30 Oct 2003, 03:43 am »
I've had my ACA2b for about six months now. I've replaced the stock Sovteks with Amperex 6DJ8s and Herbie's TUBE DAMPERS both providing marked improvements. Another reviewer has already attested quite eloquently to the chnage that better tubes can bring. This past weekend I bought a Shunyata Diamondback powercord which has catapulted this pre into another league altogether. This powercord does everything it is designed to do. Every aspect of the musical experience is enhanced. Bass is huge and articulate. The soundstage is deeper and wider. Vocals more immediate and emotionally involving. A blacker background reveals even more detail and presence. It's about half the cost of the pre itself but easily worth the $. Cords and cables from my experience are as important as the components themselves and are more than tweaks. In fact I've come to consider them components since every upgrade has profoundly influenced the sound of my system.  I just don't know why I waited so long. I could have been in bliss all this time.
NADT550/ACA2b/IRD MB-100s/Norh Prism 6.1s/Harmonic Tech Pro-Silway MK ll ICs/HT Pro-11 spkr cables.

guest1632

Re: ACA2b power cord
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2003, 04:13 am »
Quote from: truant
I've had my ACA2b for about six months now. I've replaced the stock Sovteks with Amperex 6DJ8s and Herbie's TUBE DAMPERS both providing marked improvements. Another reviewer has already attested quite eloquently to the chnage that better tubes can bring. This past weekend I bought a Shunyata Diamondback powercord which has catapulted this pre into another league altogether. This powercord does everything it is designed to do. Every aspect of the musical experience is enhanced. Bass is huge and articulate. T ...

truant

ACA2b power cord
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2003, 06:48 am »
I bought it from Premier Audio in Seattle. I would imagine there is at least one audio shop in your area that sells Shunyata products. But if not you could always purchase it over the phone from them. The Diamondback is their cheapest cord...$175 not including tax. I've seen them for sale @ Audiogon as well. There are some great deals there.
Premier's phone number is (206)985-0209. There is also a good review @6moons.