Audio in the kitchen

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Audio in the kitchen
« on: 10 Jun 2008, 06:00 pm »
Wow there was a lot of pent-up demand for this circle!

And I have pent-up demand for audio in my Kitchen since I should be cooking much more! I will probably run wires from my Outlaw 950 which does zones etc.

What setup do you have for your kitchen or kitchen area.

mcgsxr

Re: Audio in the kitchen
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2008, 06:36 pm »
I am lucky enough to have my family room open concept off the kitchen, so the 2 channel HT is what I run during prep time.  Panny SAXR-15 receiver, DIY Cable KIT41 speakers, and usually satellite feed for source, but if it is a special occasion, I will bring up my Bolder SB3 and run that via the digital outputs to the Panny.

Great having decent tunes in the kitchen - now, if I could only get the patio going!

AK

• twisterspeakers
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2008, 06:50 pm »
Blasting music in my living room :D

some young guy

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2008, 07:05 pm »
I have the same set-up!  :D

woodsyi

• Facilitator
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2008, 07:07 pm »
Humongous 6 watt speakers on my 32" LCD panel.   :oops: :oops:  But I get HD TV while cooking.  :thumb:

spudco

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2008, 07:25 pm »
I have the same set-up!  :D

More of the same - the first floor of my home is an open are with kitchen, living room and dining area.  The big Dunlavys are more than enough to keep the cooks dancin'.

ohenry

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2008, 10:37 pm »
I have a simple, but very fun system in the kitchen/pantry.  The heart is tweaked ASL Waves with an Adcom tuner and Denon cdp.  The speakers are sealed Bandor single drivers with a small Velodyne sub tucked away in the pantry.  I listen to this system as much as my main stuff and find it to be punchy and palatable (even though the Bandors are mounted high and in corners). :D

MaxCast

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jun 2008, 11:35 pm »

And I have pent-up demand for audio in my Kitchen since I should be cooking much more! I will probably run wires from my Outlaw 950 which does zones etc.

What setup do you have for your kitchen or kitchen area.
Highly recommend this type of set up.  Former house had HT in living room>second zone to kitchen receiver atop the fridge which had  speakers A for the galley and speakers B for the Patio.  It was great for music everywhere or where you want it.
This house (open floor plan) just has a receiver on the fridge.  I highly recommend control in the kitchen.  Sometimes you want quick and easy tunes, wife listens to news in the morning, kids playing games/TV on the HT and I'm on classical cookin' in the kitchen.