Let's have a nice summer.

Roger A. Modjeski

Let's have a nice summer.
« on: 6 Jun 2008, 05:11 am »
As it has been for all recorded history of the audio business, summer is our slow season. That's always been fine with me and I hope all are enjoying the summer in their own way.

Music Reference will have a shortened work week, days of which have yet to be decided. There is a wonderful opportunity for a young audio enthusiast to join in our work here. I will be building a new workshop this summer an plan to be in full swing for the fall.

rbwalt

Re: Let's have a nice summer.
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun 2008, 01:46 pm »
very nice roger. you should take a trip back to your roots this summer.

rob.

marco1

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2008, 02:55 am »
and if you do come East, bring a pair of your Electrostatics...love to hear em!!

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2008, 06:26 am »
Thanks for your good wishes. The electrostats continue to please me and several customers who have heard them at my home. Finding dealers is a difficult task. Any inquiries will be gladly considered. Given what listeners are spending on electrostats that have serious flaws I would like the word to get out there. I have owned or heard every major effort in ESL technology and I know I've got something quite wonderful. All the objections and shortcomings of currently available ESLs, including the WAF, have been considered and overcome in this design.

The system consists of a pair of mirror imaged line sources, a pair of resistance loaded woofers designed to work with ESLs and an electronic crossover that allows the listener to adjust his bass preference is currently available directly from MR at $7500. When dealers get hold of them the price will be much higher. I would be happy to arrange an in-home trial with a modest restocking charge of 5% should they not please the listener. The speakers could be on loan for a month or more. It would be better for everyone if several interested parties within driving distance organize the audition in a way that several  listeners could audition them at a central location and the serious ones work out a plan to audition them in their homes. If several pairs are desired by the group there would be a group discount. You help me, I help you.

Those of you who have followed my life's work in audio (if you don't go to MR website) know that I have been working on the problems involved with electrostats since 1976. I moved across the country to work with Harold Beveridge who I still consider to be the most knowledgable person I have met in the field. His solution was large, expensive, and not reliable due to manufacturing difficulties but for those who can contend with them the sound is marvelous. While I worked with him and for many years after I considered these problems and little by little found solutions to them. When I reached a level of performance that surpassed the old and new QUADS I sold all the QUADS, the Beveridges I had built myself and the acoustats I had modified.

I have lived with my ESLs for several years before offering them for sale as I do with all my designs. For myself and for special order I have added two inputs and a volume control to the crossover thus eliminating the need for a preamp. Makes for a nice bi-amp system with a minimum or cables and boxes. I have bumped the topic to the top of the list for those who might have missed it.

rbwalt

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2008, 01:58 pm »
Hi roger. Roger just go to the audio show in Denver this October and to CES in January. i know how it would pain you to go but at least the ELS's and your other products will get more ex poser. you know all of this of course. i will do what i can to help spread the word for you.

rob.

rbwalt

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2008, 02:08 pm »
sorry roger i meant ESL's. not awake yet. By the way roger. rich from signature sound in Syracuse NY came down to VA for visit a few weeks ago and got a chance to hear my RM9SE with my Merlin VSM MXe's. His first response was there is that RM9( Music Reference )bottom end!

rob.

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2008, 05:36 pm »
Rob,

Thanks for sharing your home and your RM-9SE with so many people. That's the way I always hoped to make my designs known.

I will put RMAF on my calendar. It's been suggested by many and for the hobbyist, the best show going.

Is there anyone out there who would like to assist me in setting things up, welcoming the guests and playing their music? I usually end up out in the hallway talking with interested parties about my designs. I would like to set up a two room affair, one for listening and one for talking.