FS: Bella Extreme 100's - FULL REFERENCE VERSION $5000.00 - SOLD!!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
These amps are in excellent condition and function perfectly.

They retail for $8500/pair, but are currently sold out.

Here are the main features of the amps:

•   Reference V-Cap Teflon coupling capacitors
•   SoniCap Platinum Teflon input coupling capacitors (single ended)
•   SoniCap Gen II innerstage coupling capacitors.
•   Elna Cerafine cathode bypass capacitors 
•   Mills non-inductive grid stop resistors. 
•   Mills non-inductive screen grid resistors
•   Mills non-inductive cathode resistors.
•   Dale/Vishay 1 watt, 1% non-magnetic signal path resistors
•   Dale/Vishay 1 watt, 1% non-magnetic bias stage resistors
•   Dale/Vishay 3 watt, 1% wirewound resistors are used in various power supply locations.
•   All exposed resistors leads throughout the signal path have heatshrink applied to help reduce mechanical vibration as well as preventing circuit shorts.
•   The ground layout is designed to provide the best possible results with a dead quiet background and lowest noise floor.
•   Fairchild "Ultra Fast - Soft Recovery" diodes are utilized in the rectifying stage of the power supply.
•   Cryogenic treated silver plated IEC connectors.
•   SoniCap Platinum Teflon power supply bypass capacitors.
•   Silver platted copper input signal wire
•   Neutrik XLR input connectors
•   High quality RCA input jacks.
•   High quality sourced toggle switch for pentode / triode operation. 
•   WBT speaker binding post
•   Minimum 12 hours system burn-in.

Amp Specs:

Output power:                                       100 Watts Pentode / 60 watts triode
Frequency response at 1 Watt:            15 Hz - 50 kHz +1dB.
Frequency response at full power:       20 Hz - 25 kHz +1dB.
Signal Gain                                            30dB
Distortion at 1 Watt:                              <0.2 %
Distortion at full power:                        <3%
S/N ratio:                                               90 dB.
In put impedance:                                 100k
Input sensitivity:                                   1.0 Volt.
Out put impedance:                               4 & 8 ohm / Optional 16 ohm output available.
Tube compliment:                                 4 X KT 88 (standard), 1 X 6SL7, 2X6SN7 (input).
Output Tube options                              EL34, 6L6, KT66, 6550, KT88, KT90                                                       
In put connection: :                               XLR - balanced, RCA - single ended
Out put connection:                               5 way, WBT binding posts.
Power consumption:                             280 Watts max.
Bias adjustment:                                   Built in, calibrated digital meter.
Finish:                                                   Brushed aluminum chassis,
satin black powder coated transformer covers (optional tube cover).
Dimensions                                           (in inches, W, D, H): 12 X 16 X 9
Weight:                                                 46 lbs.

More info can be found at the BellExtreme website:

http://www.bellaextreme.com/Bellaextreme100.htm

This particular pair also has aluminum cones installed.

The original output tubes have very few hours on them as I have been using the Gold Lion Re-Issues.  It will also come with the stock 6SN7 and 6SL7 tubes.

I am the original and only owner and I have all of the original packaging.

The amps have been well maintained and used in both triode and pentode modes depending on which speakers I have used them with (Vandersteen 5A's - full range in Triode mode or Emerald Physics CS2's - in Pentode driving the two 15" woofers).

For $500 cheaper than Bill is selling a pair of Platinum 100's, you can move up to the Full Reference version (which is almost $2000 more from a list price perspective.  You also get the remainder of the 5 year warranty (almost 4 full years).

I charge actual shipping costs and will ship either FedEx or UPS.

I can accept PayPal, but you will need to add 3% to cover the PayPal costs.

My feedback on Audiogon is perfect and is under the username "zybar".

If you have any questions about the amps, shoot me a PM and I will get back to you quickly.

Please do not turn this thread into a "why are you selling them?" or "what did you replace them with?" by posting those types of questions.

Lastly, here are a few pictures of my actual amps:

Thanks.

George

« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2008, 01:14 am by zybar »

richidoo

Incredible amps. These playing with MW 9 Sig and Acoustic Zen Adagios was my favorite sound at RMAF 06. They should go quick at that price. 100W is a lot of tube power. Very special sound, fast bass, full of life, rich tone is right on.   :thumb:
Good luck on your sale George.
Rich

zybar

• Volunteer
Incredible amps. These playing with MW 9 Sig and Acoustic Zen Adagios was my favorite sound at RMAF 06. They should go quick at that price. 100W is a lot of tube power. Very special sound, fast bass, full of life, rich tone is right on.   :thumb:
Good luck on your sale George.
Rich

Thanks Rich.

Besides sounding great, they are very flexible amps.  They have rca and xlr outputs, as well as being able to switch between 60 watts of triode power or 100 watts of pentode power.  They also have no problems driving a 4 ohm load (in fact they have 4 and 8 ohm binding posts).

They are also extremely easy to bias and rock steady once set.

It was a tough decision to put them up for sale, but I simply can't keep everything.

George

JoshK

There is one camp that believes if you need more than 100 watts (of tube power esp.) then something is wrong with your speakers.  I am sympathetic to this thinking.

Will2

Wow ..... my dream amps come up for sale ...... but they are, and they should probably remain, a dream ..... at least for now ..... must resist ...  :cry:

zybar

• Volunteer
There is one camp that believes if you need more than 100 watts (of tube power esp.) then something is wrong with your speakers.  I am sympathetic to this thinking.

I needed 100 watts when they were driving the woofers on the CS2's.

Although the woofers are very sensitive, the EQ'ing being done in the DCX required the extra watts.

When I used them with the single driver Omega Revolutions or the Vandersteen 5A's, I ran the amps in triode which puts out a very healthy 60 watts.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
Wow ..... my dream amps come up for sale ...... but they are, and they should probably remain, a dream ..... at least for now ..... must resist ...  :cry:

Make your dream come true!!

Live for today since you don't know what tomorrow will bring.   aa

George

TomW16

Make your dream come true!!

Live for today since you don't know what tomorrow will bring.   aa

George

Unfortunately, tomorrow won't bring a big enough economic stimulus check.  :(  That is an excellent price for that amp.  Did you every try it out with the Salk speakers or were they gone before these amps came into the picture?

Best of luck with the sale.

Cheers,
Tom
« Last Edit: 3 Jun 2008, 07:23 pm by TomW16 »

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
 I just want to mention to any potential buyers that half way through the warranty period, about another 18 months, you can send these in to me for a full check-up where I will go through the entire circuitry. We check all internal components including resistors and capacitors to asure everything still within spec. If we find any suspect components, they are replaced at no charge to the owner.

They are then bench and system tested just as we do when we first build them. I am also always available for any questions you may have during the duration of owning the amps.     

We pride ourselves on customer service and want you to get the most enjoyment possible from our products.

Other than the reviewer that sold his after a year of using them as his reference, this is the first pair to come up for sale and that really is one hell of a good price. aa

zybar

• Volunteer
I just want to mention to any potential buyers that half way through the warranty period, about another 18 months, you can send these in to me for a full check-up where I will go through the entire circuitry. We check all internal components including resistors and capacitors to asure everything still within spec. If we find any suspect components, they are replaced at no charge to the owner.

They are then bench and system tested just as we do when we first build them. I am also always available for any questions you may have during the duration of owning the amps.     

We pride ourselves on customer service and want you to get the most enjoyment possible from our products.

Other than the reviewer that sold his after a year of using them as his reference, this is the first pair to come up for sale and that really is one hell of a good price. aa

Bill,

Thank you very much for chiming in and showing people what great customer service is all about!!   :thumb:

I agree that it is a lot of amp for the money.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
Bump.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
These will go on Audiogon tomorrow.

Grab them while you can.

George

Bigfish

George:

Somebody is going to purchase a great pair of tube amps. 

Good luck on the sale!

Ken

zybar

• Volunteer
Last chance before Agon...

George

zybar

• Volunteer
Ok, they really are going up on Agon later today.

Treat yourself to a great Father's Day gift.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
These are still available as I have run into logistical issues with the potential buyer I had lined up.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
Sale pending.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
SOLD!!

jackman

SOLD!!

Congratulations.  Someone got a great deal on a pair of beautiful amps.  True works of art. 

J

zybar

• Volunteer
Yes he did.

He seemed very happy when he left my house.

George