Hemp/Alnico Upgrade to Omega Revolutions - 100 Hours

tmarshl

I now have over 100 hours on my new Omega Hemp/Alnico drivers (which replaced the Visaton B200 drivers in my Omega Revolutions)  and 200 hours on my Red Wine Audio Signature 30.2 amplifier.  I am a very happy camper.

For some time I had been considering a "high-end" system (at six times the cost of this combination) and I must say that I am more satisfied with this current combination than with the demos of the "high-end" systems.  The clarity, resolution and detail of the Signature 30.2 coupled with the absolutely black background of battery power is very very satisfying to me.  For reasons of ear health and spousal acceptance I do not play music at window-rattling volume, so I need a system that delivers all of the detail and resolution at moderate volume.  I am no longer impressed by the "kick-in-the-chest" sound pressure of huge speakers, but rather by the purity and realism of the Omega Hemp/Alnicos driven by the Signature 30.2.  My taste in music is jazz instrumental and vocal along with classical chamber and symphonic.  Regardless of your musical taste, you owe it to yourself to audition the Omega Hemp/Alnicos driven by the Signature 30.2.

Kudos to Louis at Omega and to Vinnie at Red Wine Audio  for a very satisfying combination.

Louis O

Re: Hemp/Alnico Upgrade to Omega Revolutions - 100 Hours
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun 2008, 12:55 am »
Hi tmarshl,

Many thanks for your wonderful post and great feedback regarding your combo. I'm addicted to this rig too and couldn't be happier. The alnico upgrade is huge and also the .2 version of the Sig 30. Amazing balance thoughout. I'm going to try a few tweaks and report back. These are simple things you can do yourself.

Thanks again,
Louis

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jun 2008, 12:59 am »
Hi tmarshl,

Many thanks for your wonderful post and great feedback regarding your combo. I'm addicted to this rig too and couldn't be happier. The alnico upgrade is huge and also the .2 version of the Sig 30. Amazing balance thoughout. I'm going to try a few tweaks and report back. These are simple things you can do yourself.

Thanks again,
Louis

Tweaks to the Revolutions or Sig 30?

If it is the Revolutions, please be sure to post.

I already gave Louis one potential tweak, but I will wait to see how it goes before reporting back here.

George

Louis O

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jun 2008, 01:27 am »
Hi George,

Trying something out and going to do yours too. I'll report back over the weekend.

Thanks,
Louis

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #4 on: 8 Jun 2008, 11:38 am »
I now have over 100 hours on my new Omega Hemp/Alnico drivers (which replaced the Visaton B200 drivers in my Omega Revolutions)  and 200 hours on my Red Wine Audio Signature 30.2 amplifier.  I am a very happy camper.

For some time I had been considering a "high-end" system (at six times the cost of this combination) and I must say that I am more satisfied with this current combination than with the demos of the "high-end" systems.  The clarity, resolution and detail of the Signature 30.2 coupled with the absolutely black background of battery power is very very satisfying to me.  For reasons of ear health and spousal acceptance I do not play music at window-rattling volume, so I need a system that delivers all of the detail and resolution at moderate volume.  I am no longer impressed by the "kick-in-the-chest" sound pressure of huge speakers, but rather by the purity and realism of the Omega Hemp/Alnicos driven by the Signature 30.2.  My taste in music is jazz instrumental and vocal along with classical chamber and symphonic.  Regardless of your musical taste, you owe it to yourself to audition the Omega Hemp/Alnicos driven by the Signature 30.2.

Kudos to Louis at Omega and to Vinnie at Red Wine Audio  for a very satisfying combination.
Hi Tom, glad to hear you are excited about your rig. That's been my feeling from day one, the combo of RWA and Omega single drivers brakes the rules for performance per $. You mention resolution at moderate volume -- here again I believe Omega's high efficiency and phase coherency is tough to beat for delivering involving music at moderate volume levels.

Are you still using Anticable? Have you tried any other speaker wire with this combo?

Take care, Kent

Louis O

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2008, 10:42 pm »
Hi Kent,

many thanks and I'm messing with the new 4 wire DNM and really liking this cable.

Thanks,
Louis

tmarshl

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jun 2008, 03:27 am »
Hi Tom, glad to hear you are excited about your rig. That's been my feeling from day one, the combo of RWA and Omega single drivers brakes the rules for performance per $. You mention resolution at moderate volume -- here again I believe Omega's high efficiency and phase coherency is tough to beat for delivering involving music at moderate volume levels.

Are you still using Anticable? Have you tried any other speaker wire with this combo?

Take care, Kent
Yes I am still using Anticable, and have been very satisfied, particularly with the price/performance ratio.  I would love to hear other opinions concerning speaker cables, as they really do make a difference.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jun 2008, 03:40 am »
Try the walmart cable (Woods Patio Cord). I'm using a double run using 1 wire for + and 2 for - on both runs. Its a lot better than the anticable (which I also have). In comparison, the anticable is really off on the tone of some instruments.

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jun 2008, 02:20 pm »
Try the walmart cable (Woods Patio Cord). I'm using a double run using 1 wire for + and 2 for - on both runs. Its a lot better than the anticable (which I also have). In comparison, the anticable is really off on the tone of some instruments.
I sold an Audioquest single bi-wire cable when I got the Hemps, so I've only heard my Compact Hemps with Anticable (which I purchased based on favorable reviews and price). I'd love to hear from others like yourself who have compared Anticable with others on Hemps.

From what I hear in my system, the AC is good, but without direct comparison, I have no idea how much better they might sound with another cable. That plus the AC stiffness and color are a bid of a negative in terms of WAF.

Kent

stevenkelby

• Adelaide, South Australia
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jun 2008, 04:33 pm »
Try the walmart cable (Woods Patio Cord).

I've read a lot of good things about that in various forums, would love to try some.

If any friendly AC'ers would be willing to accept paypal from me and ship me some to Australia, I'd be much obliged!

Thanks,

Steve.