10.5.3 Available.

Crimson

10.5.3 Available.
« on: 28 May 2008, 07:57 pm »
And it's a whopper! Available through Software Update or as a combo update here (536 MB).

dB Cooper

Re: 10.5.3 Available.
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2008, 01:59 am »
Yep, another gonzo update, even bigger than 10.5.2, the previous record-holder. Save some download time if you already have 10.5.2, macupdates has the incremental updater from that, which is a "mere" 450 +/-MB. Here's that one.

There was also a big security update, but apparently only required if you have Aperture 2.

TomS

« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2008, 02:04 am »
Thanks for letting me know.  Installed this afternoon and so far so good...  Download was really fast on my FIOS connection.  Tom

Levi

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jun 2008, 04:18 am »
I am currently downloading it (420Mb).  It looks like there are many enhancement for General, Airport, Automator, iCal, iChat, Mail...

sbrtoy

« Reply #4 on: 2 Jun 2008, 02:04 pm »
Anybody know if this will help fix the issues with the Firewire ports?  I seem to have had one of the mysterious "firewire shutdowns" on my iMac and most speculate it is a Leopard issue with the firmware.

Levi

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jun 2008, 02:09 pm »
I don't have issues with Firewire port on my MacBook Pro.  However, it still cannot see my NAS.  Hmmm...

dB Cooper

« Reply #6 on: 2 Jun 2008, 04:25 pm »
There was an M-audio Firewire external audio card that stated in the instructions that if not dismounted properly, would disable the firewire port permanently. Hope that isn't your situation.

Crimson

« Reply #7 on: 3 Jun 2008, 12:24 am »
Anybody know if this will help fix the issues with the Firewire ports?  I seem to have had one of the mysterious "firewire shutdowns" on my iMac and most speculate it is a Leopard issue with the firmware.

When/how did you have a shutdown, and is it still non-functional?

sbrtoy

« Reply #8 on: 3 Jun 2008, 01:44 am »

When/how did you have a shutdown, and is it still non-functional?

Yep, still not working.  Don't know exactly when it died but it was hooked to my external drive and just stopped recognizing the firewire.  The drive works fine via USB, and I tried it with firewire on my other mac and it worked fine, but my mini is running Tiger not Leopard...