RIAA Report

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
RIAA Report
« on: 24 Oct 2003, 02:32 pm »
Hello!

The 10K RIAA module from S&B is a phono eq module for diy phono stages. This 10K version's release has dragged on a bit - well actually pretty much forever.....

Finally Jonathan at S&B reports he is very close to being done. He now has repeatable resposnse within 1db of the standard curve. The 600 ohm RIAA's that have been out for a while follow much closer than that (something like within 0.1db) so he is not ready to release the 10K version yet. I have suggested that when he gets within 0.5db it should be ready to go and that should be very soon. Obviously closer is better but at some point it will not be an issue sonically and that is how we picked the 0.5db window - feedback on this would be great!

That's the latest RIAA report.......

Many Thansk!

John Chapman
www.bentaudio.com

DrM

RIAA Report
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2003, 03:39 am »
Great news - tell him to take his time, and get it as accurate as he likes! I at least would rather wait :)

Dan

Anton Dorrestijn

RIAA Report
« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2003, 05:27 am »
Hello,

As a software architect I know little (okay... nothing) about designing audio-gear. But I'm very interested in a kit version of a phono stage based on the S&B riaa- and step-up units.

Is someone aware of a company that has plans in this direction?

Anton Dorrestijn

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
RIAA Report
« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2003, 03:00 pm »
Hello!

Dr. M - I think from what I gather we'll finally have some comming soon. Thanks for your patience!

Anton - I think that would be great too! Maybe Brian at DIYHIFI would be doing one. I know of a few other industry folks who have been waiting for them (one who does make kits) so maybe one will appear next year.

Many Thansk!

John