Megadeth on DVD-A

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Megadeth on DVD-A
« on: 24 Oct 2003, 02:04 am »
Last NRT @ BB I saw "Peace Sells, But Who's Buying" on DVD-A.  Despite fears that the mix would be horseshit and the sound really dated, my curiousity got the better of me & I bought it.  After all, although I was never a huge fan, that was my favorite Megadeth album.  If you're not a fan, then you may want to quit reading this now! :lol:

Turns out it's not too bad.  Yeah, it does sound a bit dated, sonically & musically.  But the mix doesn't do stupid things with the instruments.  My CD copy got ripped of years ago, but I think the vocals are buried a little to far down in the mix on the DVD-A as compared to the original, but I'm going on (old) memory, here.  The disc is a bit bass shy and the guitar is a bit too prominent in the mix; at times you can barely hear the bass, or even the drums! :o

Still, worthwhile if you're a hardcore fan or don't have the CD.

mca

Megadeth on DVD-A
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2003, 02:19 am »
Now if they would put out Countdown to Extinction out on DVD-A, I would be all over that disk. Can you say crazy bass  :drums:  Their best release by far, IMHO.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Megadeth on DVD-A
« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2003, 02:42 am »
I actually like Rust In Peace a lot, too.  Lot's of good ones on there; Master of Five Magics, Polaris, Hanger 18.  Maybe they're coming eventually.