Cafe Del Mar anyone?

bob82274

Cafe Del Mar anyone?
« on: 23 Oct 2003, 04:47 pm »
Does anyone else listen to the Cafe Del Mar series?  I was able to get ahold of copies of Volume 5 and Volume 6.  Good music for just getting work done to.  Real ambient music... kinda loungy.  Some of its has its roots in trip-hop some has funk in it.  Similar to the stuff by Kruder and Dorfmiester in that there are a lot of mixes.  Another good band that appears on various disks in the series is Lamb.  Actually Vol5 has Lamb's Transfatty Acid (Kruder and Dorfmiester mix) on it.  

As I have only been able to listen to Vol 5 and 6 I am curious if anyone else knows some other good Volumes.

bally

• http://www.kirrabilli.co.nz
Cafe Del Mar anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2003, 11:34 pm »
They have bought out a best of album which is great.Very good wind down music.
Cheers
Bally

Audiobudha

Cafe del Mar
« Reply #2 on: 7 Nov 2003, 05:12 pm »
Welcome aboard the Cafe train! :-) The first time I heard Cafe del Mar I was in Corfu Greece and a young lady was tending an outdoor bar in a rocky beach cove. The Cafe del Mar tunes were the perfect accompaniment to the stunning scenery and vibe.

I have Cafe del Mar Vol 9, 6, Buddah Bar and some Paul Oakenfold remix stuff and various other songs. It's all good!

If you like Cafe del Mar then you should check out the Hotel Costes series by Stephane Pompougnac, particularly Etage 3 and Quatre. I think you'd also love the album "Simple Things" by Zero 7... absolutely awesome music!

Here is a list of some other artists that should be on your play list:

Thievery Corp.
Vienna Scientists
Sushi Club
Uzeb
Karsh Kale
Morphine
Guided By Voices (Indie Rock)
Massive Attack
Sven van Hess
Schiller
Flaming Lips
James Asher
D.F.A.
Flunk
Groove Armada
Groove Collective
St. Germaine
Nightmares on Wax
Dirty Vegas

... to name a few.

Enjoy! :-)

bally

• http://www.kirrabilli.co.nz
Cafe Del Mar anyone?
« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2003, 12:22 am »
Audiobuddha,
if you enjoy those you should try Salmonella Dub,Inside the Dub Plates.
Highly Recommended.
Cheers
Bally