Band of Brothers DVD set for $20 ?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2003, 06:32 pm »
Interesting, I just picked up this set from my local library on DVD.  Haven't had a chance to check out the content yet though.  $20 seems like a no brainer, assuming it's legit.

byteme

« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2003, 08:06 pm »
I would be wary just because the seller is from China.  I have DTS DVD's of Star Wars IV, V, and VI as well as all the Indiana Jones movies now for the last year.  These are rips from the DTS laserdisc versions of the movie.  The picture is grainy and the sound is NOT DTS.  However, based on the fact they don't (or didn't in the case of Indy) exist here "legitimately" I was more than happy to plunk down $30 shipped for each set.

If it were my money, I'd check amazon.ca or http://www.dvdpricesearch.com and find the cheapest price on a REAL DVD version of BoB.  I'm sure you can also find it used at Half.com or Amazon for fairly cheap as well.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2003, 08:17 pm »
You might find it used, too.  If you don't have much for good local stores you can try Secondspin.com; they have a pretty good selection of used stuff (which of course varies daily).  I'm checking 'em every couple days waiting for the last 2 seasons of Star Trek TNG.