Announcement - Spectron Musician III Signature Edition Mk2

Spectron

Musician III Signature Edition Mk2

Spectron Audio is proud to introduce its latest flagship, Musician III Signature Edition Mk2. This amplifier represents the latest and, hopefully, long lasting step in the evolutionary development of the Musician III technology first introduced four years ago. We improved input stage and re-designed output stage (simplified it as much as possible, altered thermal protection, upgraded with best parts we can find today etc), totally re-engineered power switching stages, installed new audiophile quality hook-up wire as well as custom designed capacitor in reconstruction filter( which is the most important part of this amplifier). These changes resulted in:

Increased Harmonic Richness and Accuracy of the Midrange
Increased Detail
More Liquidity & Finesse
Removing Additional Multiple Layers of Veil Between You and the Soundstage
Cleaner & More Extended Highs
Much Tighter Bass

The high cost of R&D and the production, coupled with the fact that the price of the components and parts has risen due to the weak dollar and higher demand for copper and other materials forced us to increase our price from $6,495 to $7,195.

Please note that to reduce the cost to our customers, we practically do not advertise and rely instead on professional reviews both in print like TAS and on-line journals as well as our users reviews. Mainly, for this reason we choose to announce this product here on the pages of this as well as on a few other audiophiles forums.

In a few months, we expect at least two professional reviews of this amplifier and probably more.

Finally, we wish to thank our users without whom this product would never be developed.

Spectron Design Team

mcullinan

Re: Announcement - Spectron Musician III Signature Edition Mk2
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2008, 03:03 pm »
For owners of the Spectron Musician III Signature Edition is it possible to upgrade to the new version?
Mike

Spectron

« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2008, 03:10 pm »
Upgrade from Signature to Signature Mk2 is available. The cost is $695 plus shipping.
Thank you.

Spectron

« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2008, 01:26 pm »
We have received a few phone inquires:

Is it possible to have upgrade from standard Musician III to Signature Mk2? - Yes, its possible.

Moreover, we still can upgrade Musician II to about 85% capabilities of Musician III Signature Mk2

For details call or e-mails

Thanks
Simon

Double Ugly

« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2008, 02:03 pm »
I had a lengthy conversation with Simon yesterday, I'll soon be upgrading my MIII SE to Mk2 status, and I *might* (if I can swing it) get the Bybee option.

At the same time, I'll purchase a second like-configured MIII SE Mk2 (w/ or w/out Bybees) so I can again have monoblocks:green:

It won't be cheap, but I think I'll be happy with the results.  Till then, anyone interested in donating to the DU Spectron Acquisition Fund (DUSAF)?  :wink: