A Shiny Cornet Chassis

hagtech

A Shiny Cornet Chassis
« on: 21 Oct 2003, 05:47 am »
Someone mentioned to me that the IAG Audio "CH-02" chassis would be a good fit for the Cornet.  Well, they were right.  This is a quality chassis using extremely thick aluminum panels and buffed to a mirror finish.

It's a lot of work to drill, but the result is excellent.  Way better than the common Hammond chassis.  The wood comes with it for a mere $75!  Contact IAG at:

http://www.iagaudio.com

Only real change is you have to run coaxial wires from rear of chassis to the inputs and outputs on circuit board.

Picks up fingerprints easily.  So what.

jh :)

Marbles

A Shiny Cornet Chassis
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2003, 06:08 am »
Looks very very nice....very similar to what Wayne of Bolder Cables case looks like.  Yup, he's the one you probably heard it from.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=3536&highlight=cornet

JohnR

A Shiny Cornet Chassis
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2004, 11:21 am »
Finally, I found this thread, and... their website is defunct :-( Are they still in business?

Rono944

IAG Chassis
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2004, 02:23 pm »
Jim;  with the IAG chassis (I already ordered one) are the RCA jacks still grounded on the chassis or should we use the insulators and run a seperate ground wire to the jacks.  Thanks.

Ron

Wayne1

A Shiny Cornet Chassis
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2004, 03:15 pm »
http://www.iagaudio.com/contact.htm

That link still works. I am going to cal them later today. I finally have someone who wants me to build them a Cornet and now I can't get hold of IAG through e-mail :evil:

The RCA jacks do need to be isolated from the chassis. The IAG back plate is very thick. Only the Cardas GRFA L Thin jacks will be long enough to fit through and still use the insulating spacers.

JoshK

A Shiny Cornet Chassis
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2004, 03:16 pm »
Its working for me John.

Frank McCrea

A Shiny Cornet Chassis
« Reply #6 on: 16 Jan 2004, 03:04 am »
Hello all,

I just spoke with Horace about the status of my order. Apparently he's been having computer woes :evil:  but things are on the mend.

Hell of a nice guy, and beautiful work to boot. :)

Regards,

Frank

JohnR

A Shiny Cornet Chassis
« Reply #7 on: 16 Jan 2004, 04:15 am »
Cool, thanks for the info. Their website's back up but no access to the list of products. I seem to recall they had a slightly smaller one as well. I'll give it a few days and then try calling if it's not back in shape by then.

Ta! :-)

hagtech

A Shiny Cornet Chassis
« Reply #8 on: 16 Jan 2004, 05:56 am »
I think he's trying to get his website back online.  My link is working again.  Price of chassis went up a little, but still easily worth it.  He was way underpriced if you ask me.

Yes, use insulated RCA jacks.

jh :)

Wayne1

A Shiny Cornet Chassis
« Reply #9 on: 17 Jan 2004, 03:29 pm »
I received an e-mail from Horace this morning:

I have been in website hell!!! and am slowly returning.   I had to totally rebuild the site.  The website went down and the ISP took a week and still did not find the problem.

I am now with a new host at http://www.iagaudio.com the old bookmarks may still point to the old server, so please update and please let anyone who maybe looking for me. Email came back up yesterday. info@iagaudio.com

Here is the link for pictures and prices of the different chassis he offers.

http://www.iagaudio.com/products.asp?id=4

He has started on the chassis for my project :D

Frank McCrea

A Shiny Cornet Chassis
« Reply #10 on: 16 Feb 2004, 06:36 am »
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has recieved any product from Horace at IAG lately.

Asides from the back orders of 2003 and then a computer catastrophe, a few of us have been waiting a good long time. :o

Hope I can get one of the CH-02's, my Cornet has been naked for some time and needs a good home. :(

Regards, Frank

Wayne1

A Shiny Cornet Chassis
« Reply #11 on: 18 Mar 2004, 07:42 pm »
Frank,

I finally received the IAG chassis just now.

It looks just as good as the first one one I got from Horace.

Only two months after I ordered it :?

Rono944

A Shiny Cornet Chassis
« Reply #12 on: 18 Mar 2004, 10:15 pm »
I just received mine today.  I ordered it late December so I guess Horace is getting caught up.  It is beautiful.

Ron

Frank McCrea

A Shiny Cornet Chassis
« Reply #13 on: 19 Mar 2004, 01:19 am »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the posts, and just when I was about to give up. :?

I've been trying to get Horace to confirm whether or not the order has been filled and shipped. Prior to this all I got was, your order will go out next week, your order will go out next week,,,

At present he's not returning my calls or email. :evil:

I hope he comes through like he did for you, this has been a very frustrating ordeal.

Frank

Frank McCrea

A Shiny Cornet Chassis
« Reply #14 on: 27 Mar 2004, 02:11 am »
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that my CH-02 chassis was delivered yesterday as promised.  :D  :D  :D

The chassis is very nicely finished, and I hope to get working on the unit and post some photos shortly.

Thanks to those who kept me in the loop.

Frank