Clock upgrade for Phillips SACD100

Beezer

« on: 20 Oct 2003, 02:49 pm »
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone out there has upgraded the clock on their SACD1000.   If so, what clock did you use and what benefits (if any) did you perceive from the upgrade?  Also, where did you buy it and how much did it cost?  Was the installation tricky?  Reference Audiomods seems to like the Superclock II, but I'm wondering about other options.

I've already had Stan Warren do his upgrades (power supply, output stage, upgraded capacitors).  Also, I recently received mine back from Phillips repair in Tampa, FL and all is well after a solid week of use.  

Thanks for your help,
Beez

randytsuch

« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2003, 06:34 pm »
Beez,
I put a superclockII in my 1000, and it resulted in better soundstaging and imaging.

Made an audible difference, whether it's worth the money is a matter of personnel preference.

It was pretty easy to install, depending on your skill level.

Randy

Beezer

« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2003, 09:50 pm »
Thanks, Randy.  Sounds like the improvements were there but pretty subtle.  Did you use the Superclock power supply also?  I'm not very handy, but have a friend who could probably help me out.  Do you know anything about the LC Audio clock or any others?

BTW, the latest repairs to my SACD1000 seem to be working.  Jim Luckas at the Tampa facility "replaced Mace, Furore, RF Filter, Transport and solder all connections".  I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but am optimistic.

Steve