Darn SuperDrive!

Crimson

Darn SuperDrive!
« on: 13 May 2008, 09:18 pm »
This past weekend I got the dreaded 'Daaaaaaaaaaaad' from my son who was messing with his iMac. I went to see what the problem was and it turns out a disc he was ripping wouldn't eject. Not only that, but the machine wouldn't even recognize that there was a disc in there. Hitting the eject button made the drive try to eject, but it sounded like it was stuck. I tried powering up while holding down numerous keys (including the mouse button; that's a first!), but the disc was stuck

I then made an appointment to drop it off at the local Apple store this afternoon, which I did and gave the genius my cell phone number to give me a call once he figured out what the problem was. I wasn't even three blocks away when my cell pone rang and it was the genius.
'We fixed the problem'.
'Really? That was fast. What was it? Did you replace the drive?'
'No. Apparently there were two discs in the drive'.

'Now why would you let a slot-loading drive accept more than one disc at a time?', I sheepishly asked of the genius as I walked out of the store later with my son's fixed machine.  :oops:

nathanm

Re: Darn SuperDrive!
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2008, 09:29 pm »
I've done that before, but with a tray loader, not a slot loader.  It makes a very audible protest noise!  Hey what gives, you used to be able to stack vinyl records on top of each other!  What a gyp!  And they call it "super"…

chosenhandle

« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2008, 02:10 pm »

'Now why would you let a slot-loading drive accept more than one disc at a time?', I sheepishly asked of the genius as I walked out of the store later with my son's fixed machine.  :oops:

thank god your son wasn't at fault! It would really be embarrassing...

anthony a.

« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2008, 03:29 am »
hahaha, blame apple not your son.

funny.