Matrix Reloaded

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Matrix Reloaded
« on: 20 Oct 2003, 12:45 am »
Is it just me or the soundtrack of Reloaded a bit flat?  Nothing really special about it.  In the theater I was thinking man, I can't wait to hear this at home!  But now that I can I don't think it's as good as most real blockbusters.

What do you guys think?

BTW, great movie though, no complaints in that department.  Carrie Ann Moss is starting to show her age, but she still fills out the pleather catsuit just fine! :o

bubba966

Matrix Reloaded
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2003, 12:57 am »
Flat?

Well, it does seem to be awful damn quiet. I turned it up 5dB over what I usually listen to, and it seems fine then. I'll be watching it again tonight, so I'll try to pay more attention to it.

Maybe you need a better digital coax... :scratch:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Matrix Reloaded
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2003, 01:02 am »
:lol:  I think my coax will get me by!  Why, you looking to upgrade again?

You may be right, I may just have the level too low.  I typically watch everything at the same level (my own "reference level", relevant only to my room and system).  Very few things need adjusted from this level (namely, some older stereo/ProLogic movies need to be louder and I actually back LotR down a step.

What do you think of the movie?  I actually think it's substantially better than the first one.  I'm really looking forward the the final installment, which is pretty funny given how resistant I was to ever seeing it in the first place! :lol:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Matrix Reloaded
« Reply #3 on: 20 Oct 2003, 01:03 am »
By "flat" I meant, unspectacular, uninvolving...

bubba966

Matrix Reloaded
« Reply #4 on: 20 Oct 2003, 01:09 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
:lol:  I think my coax will get me by!  Why, you looking to upgrade again?

Nooooo. The Cryo'd Napalm Ultra that Wayne built me is awesome! :mrgreen: I don't think it could get any better. Not to mention that the digital out on my new DV-AX10 is head and shoulders above any other player I've had the pleasure of using. Things are sounding quite impressive nowadays. :mrgreen:

Though I do have a coax Wayne built me earlier this year that I should be selling...

I usually listen to everything at -15dB on my Elite. But Reloaded is definitely quieter than most movies (why?) and I found that at least 3dB louder play is needed to get up to normal levels. And 5dB higher sounded just fine (-10dB on my Elite).

Try it. Maybe you won't find it as flat then.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Matrix Reloaded
« Reply #5 on: 20 Oct 2003, 01:11 am »
I'll give it a shot.  I'll probably wait til the new on is in the theater, then watch one & two back to back before I go.

rosconey

Matrix Reloaded
« Reply #6 on: 20 Oct 2003, 10:19 am »
flat is a good term for this sound trac,i also thought it wasnt up to par.
but i am spoiled after the lotr series :mrgreen:

LeonO

Matrix Reloaded
« Reply #7 on: 20 Oct 2003, 12:39 pm »
I'm surprised you found Reload flat.  I watched last night & came away thinking it would be my new system demo :)  Granted, I did listen to it 3 to 5 db higher than normal.  I was particularly impressed with the bass.  I was able to feel a lot of very low and subsonic bass without hearing a lot of rumble higher in the bass region.  I did notice that many of the surround effects were more subtle than in the first Matrix, but if possible in SciFi, I thought they were more natural :):)  It was definately worth the wait for release :)

Have Fun!  Leon