36.5/Transporter Tube Rolling Thread (?)

PaulFolbrecht

36.5/Transporter Tube Rolling Thread (?)
« on: 11 May 2008, 08:01 pm »
Hello,

I have a 36.5 arriving next week and am in the Transporter Queue as well.

I thought it might make sense to start a tube-rolling thread.  There is a lot of info on tube-rolling for both pieces scattered about here, but it would be really convenient to have some, most, or all of it reproduced here in a dedicated thread!  Doncha think?

I figured combining impressions of tubes in both devices makes sense because:

- They both, of course, use the 5AR4 family of rectifiers and 6H30 signal tubes.
- A lot of people own both units.

I'm afraid I have little to offer at this point other than the start of the thread. :)  I have a substantial stash of tubes but nothing at all in the 6H30 family (if there is a family).  I can attest that NOS Mullard 5AR4 equivs can do a wonders for a circuit.

Cheers,
Paul

rydenfan

Re: 36.5/Transporter Tube Rolling Thread (?)
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2008, 09:22 pm »
I would personally rather see 2 separate threads to keep things as streamlined as possible. I would prefer a tips and tweaks thread for the 36.5 and the same for the Transporter. I suggested this to Dan while he was in Germany, and I believe he will set it up soon. Both pieces have multiple different tubes, power cords, interconnects, etc. My preference would be to keep it separate as there are more owners of each product individually than there are both.

IronLion

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2008, 09:24 pm »
As a Transporter only owner, (believe me I would own a 36.5 if it were in my means) I agree with rydenfan.

PaulFolbrecht

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2008, 09:28 pm »
Certainly cool with me.  Not that I have any clout in these parts anyway.  :wink:

Let's let this thread die then and await our gracious moderator's setting up of two new threads.