Firefox slowdown and failure to load issues as of late

Bemopti123

I have noticed that the latest Firefox build which runs in my Tiger loaded Powerbook G4 12" has been giving me a very unstable platform for surfing, which was not the case before.

Sometimes, it continues running a script to get into Gmail, which is stuck in a loop, loading, unloading etc....

Furthermore, it has become quite laggy when running multiple tabs, executing the command but doing so at its own time and will...I mean minutes.  Not once but several times, for the first time in 2.5 years of using this laptop, it has forced me to force quit, with even that command not being able to be executed completely. 

I wonder whether this is an interaction with Tiger, that is making it unstable....because my MacMini G4, which has Panther runs Firefox without a hitch. 

With this entire situation, I might have to recur to using Safari, which I did not use until now.  Safari, I feel loads much much quicker, without all the troubles I have experienced with Firefox.

Anyone else has experienced something similar to this? :thumb:

pbrstreetgang

Re: Firefox slowdown and failure to load issues as of late
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2008, 12:52 pm »
Probs with new pack and vista too

Woodsea

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2008, 02:51 pm »
I have had problems since going to 10.5.  I get about a crash a week.  I still like it better than Safari though.  I could not live with my add-ons!

Crimson

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2008, 02:55 pm »
You're not alone. I've never found it to be 100% stable with Leopard. After running for about 5-6 days, it becomes unresponsive on my machines. Member Double Ugly also reported issues with his machine locking up, and it seems Firefox was the culprit.

Double Ugly

« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2008, 03:10 pm »
I've experienced only one freeze-up since switching to Safari a few months back, and though I don't recall the specifics, I was doing a lot of different things at the same time.  Conversely, the freeze-ups were sufficiently frequent with Firefox to make me wonder if all the forced reboots was causing long term damage to my computer.

If you're experiencing similar problems, I suggest sticking with Safari until they decide to release FireFox 3.0.

JMHO