Is there anything out now that's better than Lost Highway?

wowflutter

You gotta hand it to Lost Highway Records. Although they are pretty limited on artists, the one they do have are all top notch. Ryan Adams, Lucinda Williams, Lyle Lovett, Johnny Cash. Man whoever is running this label sure knows how to pick'em. I'm to the point where, if they are on Lost Highway, it gotta get it cause it's gonna be good. I heard a snippit of a song by Tift Merrit. I've never heard of her but I sure liked the ten seconds of the song I heard...gotta get it.               What's more, it looks like they release about everything on LP! What other label is doing that now days? I've just preordered the new Ryan Adams om LP along with some of their current releases. I've been getting the LP's cheaper than the CD release!  Awesome                     So here is my question. Is there any other labels that are consistantly bringing out great stuff like this? I'd like to here some more since Lost Highway's roster is pretty slim.    Also, Lost Highway's website is pretty cool. (www.losthighway.com)

Tonto Yoder

Is there anything out now that's better than Lost Highway?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2003, 11:48 am »
Matador is a similar label in their emphasis on vinyl, but their roster of artists is quite different than Lost Highway.

http://www.matadorrecords.com/releases/index.html

wowflutter

matador
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2003, 01:16 pm »
Wow, Lots of stuff I'm not familiar with. I think I'll have to here some Yo La Tango on Lp though. Thanks