FryKleaner Pro questions???

Bill Epstein

FryKleaner Pro questions???
« on: 4 May 2008, 08:46 am »
I'm wiring one up and have some parts ???

The main board has  a D1 and an S123 but no parts in the list?

The RIAA board has space for 4 C1 and 4 C2 but the list has 1 of each. Mis-print?

There are 2 caps for C51 and C52 which are on the schematic but not on the boards. There are also R51, 52,53 and 54 in the same construct but not in the parts list. Just wire these parts as per schematic and connect between the two boards?

hagtech

Re: FryKleaner Pro questions???
« Reply #1 on: 4 May 2008, 07:14 pm »
D1 is the LED?  S123 is a 3 position DIP switch.  But both of these are now wired to controls on the front panel - that is, if you are following the FRYPRO2 DIY article.

The iRIAA board uses only one space for C1 and C2.  You don't need super accuracy for break-in.  I put the paralleled locations for when using the board as a reference filter.  Easier to get more exact values this way.

The "5x" reference designators probably apply to the iRIAA board.  I added "50" to the actual number, in order to not confuse parts with the main FRYK board.

jh

Bill Epstein

Re: FryKleaner Pro questions???
« Reply #2 on: 5 May 2008, 12:24 am »
Thanks, Jim.

Saves me another $3 in parts and $6.60 in postage from Mouser.

Thought the 5x parts were diffeerent 'cause the RIAA were marked iX. Should have read ahead fro the LED and switch connections. Could be running tonight.

I wonder how it'll sound?  :lol: