FS: VPI HW-19 Mk II table with exceptional and rare Technics EPA-100 arm

jrebman

Just trying to gauge if there is any interest in this here first.  I am out of commission for another 2 weeks while recovering from foot surgery, so nothing will happen for at least that long -- in terms of packing, shipping, etc., so just understand that up front.

The details:

A VPI HW-19 Mk II table with the following features:

Walnut base (rare, and in very good condition)
BPI hinged (and removable Acryllic dust cover (again, very good condition for age)
Acryllic plinth with bonded steel plate.

Technics EPA-100 tonearm with Sumiko Magnesium headshell.

This arm is fairly rare and quite special.  The arm itself is made of titanium nitride, the bearings (20 in all) ar ruby, it has on-the-fly VTA, and cartridge compliance adjustments.

Also included are the original manual for the arm, a strobe disk, two belts, and an SME/ Van Den Hul phono cable with right angle DIN connector for the base of the arm, and RCAs on the other end.

Pricing:

The last one of these EPA-100 arms I saw sold for $850 or more, and when I listed the table alone locally on Craig's list for $425 I had three solid offers within 15 minutes -- but I chickened out at the last minute.)  So, considering the condition of these pieces, the relative scarcity of the walnut base HW-19 and the Technics arm, the price will be $1250, plus any shipping and paypal fees.  I don't have the original box, but I will make sure it is packed extremely well -- check my feedback on agon under username "mindset" and you'll see that I take my packing pretty seriously.  Of course, a local pickup in the Boulder/Denver area would save you shipping charges and could happen more or less as soon as you want.

Thanks for looking,

Jim
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2008, 12:55 pm by jrebman »

Wayner

Jim,

How 'bout some pics?

Wayner

Berndt

Free bump for Jim, I puchased a table from him and it was shipped very very well.
Buy from Jim with confidence and peace of mind.

jrebman

Re: pictures, I had 4 or 5 without the arm that I used for my local ad, but I have no idea where those went because they're not on this computer anymore.  It may take me a day or two to come up with some pictures, then I'll have to figure out how to post them here.

Thanks, Bill -- appreciate the bump and good word!

There appears to be somewhat more interest than I had guessed, so this is a good thing.  I'd much rather this go to somebody in the AC community than have to go the ebay route.

Thanks everybody,

Jim

jrebman

Ok, so I'm still not fully back on my feet after the surgery, but things are doing well now.  I have pictures for anybody who wants them PM or email and I'll send them to you as they are fairly large files and I don't have the means to compress them.

-- Jim
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2008, 12:38 pm by jrebman »

jrebman

Bump and notice of official offer for sale.
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2008, 12:37 pm by jrebman »

jrebman

Last chance for AC members before I advertise more widely...

$1050 plus shipping costs (estimate about 50 pounds from 80304), 3% paypal fee. 
At this price you're essentially getting the table itself for about $150 - $200.

Edit: Now have an original shipping box on the way directly from VPI.

-- Jim

« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2008, 12:42 pm by jrebman »

chef hans

Jim,
I'm not sure how long this listing is, but if its still available, iminterested.
Thx

jrebman

Hans,

Sorry, longgone.  Ended up selling it to a buyer in Italy.

-- Jim