Odyssey stéréo versus Vincent SP993

ulysse21

« on: 17 Oct 2003, 09:47 am »
Hello everybody,

It's my first post here!  :D

I was wondering if you know the stéréo Vincent SP993 Amplifier which is sold neer of the price of the Odyssey stéréo amplifier?

Have you compared them?

Thank you.

speedcenter

• http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/audio
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2003, 02:02 pm »
it's a Chinese made deal that some folks on another board imported unseen/unheard because they felt it was a great deal based on specs and reputation. What I have not seen is any followup by those who actually bought it, nor do I know what gear they were comparing it to.

I don't have the link anymore, so you'll have to google around for a while to find people who actually bought these.

One thing I'd be careful about is warranty - I suppose all these folks who got a great deal in a group buy import will have to send them back to China to get them fixed, and I doubt there will be a 20 year warranty attached.

Also, these Vincent folks seem to be building the "amp of the month" product line - each time I go there, they have something new and you can't find the unit somebody was posting about. Makes me wonder what's up there.

Get an Odyssey - no worries - great quality, proven track record, blows away gear sold with much bigger names and price tags, and the support can't be beat. You think the folks at Vincent/China would offer an Xtreme upgrade for their amps?

Peter