Heard the Lorelei`s Today

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« on: 16 Oct 2003, 10:00 am »
Yep. that`s right, my Bose-listening days are over,,,, almost. My 4 Lorelei`s and 2 Nemisis loudspeakers arrived yesterday and thanks to UPS, one Lorelei will end up in claims. A G'D' forklift-looking hole right thru the double boxing and thru the veneer! Klaus says it`s the first time this has ever happenned with his air-shipping delivery`s. Looks like I got PEZ'ed! :cry: BUT on the plus side, I do have 1 pair up and running and this is a BIG PLUS! I can`t say that I was too impressed ‘right outta the box’, but then I wasn`t expecting to be. But after a couple of baseball games, up came the music. What a difference 7 hours made! I started out on soft rock, then soft jazz. But the music, specifically the sweet midrange with it`s projection and the crystal clear highs (no hint of harshness here) made me really want something more demanding so it was on to classical. That was 5 hours ago, it`s going on 6:00am est and my ass is dragging. And thru all this, I`m reminded that these 3 speakers in front of me (with my Bose in the back of the bus trying to hold their own) aren`t even CLOSE to being broke in yet!!! And I gotta go to bed,,, SH*T! But damn do these Lorelei`s and Nemisis project, here I`m about 10 feet from them and Klaus wants me closer,,, I just wanta hear them, NOT FEEL THEM. :lol: Oh ya, one more thing before I do the unthinkble and turn down the volume a little, Klaus surprised me with the addition of WBT Topline 0702 binding posts on the Lorelei's. Like all the other top shelf components on this gem wasn`t enough. One peak thru the porthole in the back made me realize where this projection was coming from (other than the highly regarded Scan-Speak drivers :oops::)) as the whole base of this speaker is covered with crossover that included huge capacitors and coils. I know my Bose didn`t have this assortment of components in them!  :lol: Anywho, the next few weeks should be interesting and when these pair are properly seasoned, they can go to the back of the bus to retire my Bose and we can do it again with the repaired pair of Lorelei`s. God, don`t ya just love it? :dance: Regards, Robin

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2003, 10:24 am »
Robin, Enjoy your new speakers !! :hyper:  :guitar:

MaxCast

« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2003, 10:39 am »
Congrat Satfrat!!!!  You lucky devil :rock:  rock on dude!!

TheeeChosenOne

« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2003, 02:50 pm »
Quote from: MaxCast
Congrat Satfrat!!!!  You lucky devil :rock:  rock on dude!!

^^

byteme

« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2003, 02:58 pm »
PLEASE - post more as you listen more.  These are on my very very short list of two for a speaker upgrade early next year.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #5 on: 17 Oct 2003, 08:27 am »
Quote from: byteme
PLEASE - post more as you listen more.  These are on my very very short list of two for a speaker upgrade early next year.
                      You want more??? Well, I`ve ALWAYS been a multi-channel kinda guy, always had a speaker in every corner of every room I`ve ever been in. But even tho the Nemisis is one dandy center channel speaker, I find myself switching my Sunfire TG3 processor to stereo and cranking the Lorelei`s. Man, I need those second pair of Lorelei`s in the rear soon or I might turn into one of those 2-channel freaks,,, :banghead: Looks like I`ll be real glad that my 150 watt Butler amps don`t clip as I`ve had them sorta close to maxed and these Lorelei`s wanted more! One of these days, I`ll have to install the damping cones but I`ll have to make up some marble bases first,,, real soon first! BTW, how`s that for timing, my Lorelei`s arrived at the prelude to Klaus`s review. Timing is EVERYTHING with music. :wink: Regards, Robin