Recent Signature 30.2 Owner

flatmap

Recent Signature 30.2 Owner
« on: 24 Apr 2008, 07:32 am »
Hey! 

I'm a long time lurker here, surfacing to say hello.  I've been a very satisfied RWA Signature 30.2 owner since about February and I've had some time to try out this amp with my various bits and pieces of systems.  It is, all around, one of the more satisfying audio purchases I've made to date.

I've thought about buying one of the RWA amps since the days of the Clari-T.  I liked the idea of going off of the AC line.  I've noticed that my stereo was at its best late at night, and I always thought that at least in part this was because there was less load on the grid in the early hours... and less noise. I realize there might be other factors, but having an amp run on battery power seemed like the most elegant approach.  And clearly it is quite easy to spend what this amp costs (and far more) when shopping for power conditioners, cables, and so on. 

So, back in February, I had a business trip coming up requiring some days in Portland, OR.  And I recalled that Audio Line Out is located there and I had a nice exchange with Ken Ball -- with the result that I came home with the 30.2 in hand.  This may seem odd, but in a way it was really the SMART charging thing that gave me the final impetus to purchase.  With this design, I just don't worry about the battery.  And, although I may listen all day long, switching it off during dinner seems enough to bring it back up to full charge for the evening ahead.  It is worry-free and the system recharges amazingly quickly.

Perhaps everything that needs to be said about the sound of this amp has been said already.   It gives a remarkably clean and clear sound, yet doesn't have any leanness anywhere so far as I can tell.   The sound is very pure and yet it has plenty of steam for the low end.  I've played it quite a bit with my Omega Grande 6R's, my Hornshoppe Horns (old driver), and with various sundry old, borrowed, vintage, diy, and such speakers as sit in my closets and deep in the basement.  The amp performs entirely without  effort but provides a undistracted experience of tone, depth, and flow.  It is enormously satisfying.

--  Steve

Canyoneagle

Re: Recent Signature 30.2 Owner
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2008, 04:02 pm »
As a fellow 'newbie' 30.2 owner, I heartily agree with your impressions.  It is certainly a spectacular amplifier!!!!!!

Thanks Vinnie!

Warmly,
Michael

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2008, 03:27 am »
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the RWA forum, and thank you for posting your impressions of the 30.2 8)

I'm glad to read your experience with ALO Audio was positive (Ken's a good guy!) and you are
enjoying your 30.2 / Hornshoppe combo!

Hey Michael,

Thank you!  :notworthy:

Happy listening, always!

Vinnie

Canyoneagle

« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2008, 03:34 am »
Vinnie,
This bow of honor is to YOU
 :notworthy:
Thank YOU for the brilliance of the music that you bring forth through your work.

It IS about the music, yes?

I can say tha I have NEVER appreciated the purity and the spirit of the music as I have through the 30.2.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, paradox.................

« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2008, 03:53 am by Canyoneagle »

flatmap

« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2008, 06:08 pm »
As a fellow 'newbie' 30.2 owner, I heartily agree with your impressions.  It is certainly a spectacular amplifier!!!!!!
Hi Michael,  we're obviously both satisfied members of the  30.2 club!  :)  It never fails to pull me in.

Welcome to the RWA forum, and thank you for posting your impressions of the 30.2 8)
Very happy to be here. :thumb:

I'm glad to read your experience with ALO Audio was positive (Ken's a good guy!) and you are
enjoying your 30.2 / Hornshoppe combo!
It was nice working with Ken.  He's very grounded and made the transaction easy.   I’m looking forward to trying out some
of his cable craft as well.

Well, I'm listening a lot to the 30.2 / Hornshoppe combination and this is a groovy combination.  In truth -- as is apparent in other
postings here -- the 30.2 is able to drive a surprising range of speaker types.