le Amp review update

Beezer

le Amp review update
« Reply #20 on: 20 Oct 2003, 11:50 pm »
What's "aides"?  And a monkey abortion?  Did she choose?

Beez

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
le Amp review update
« Reply #21 on: 21 Oct 2003, 12:21 am »
Hey, I never said he could spell well, just that his sig is pretty innocuous (hope I spelled that right! :lol: ).

For the record:  I fully support a monkeys right to chose, uh, with the parameters of a choice a monkey might make...or whatever.

BTW, what is this thread actually about?  I can't remember anymore!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
le Amp review update
« Reply #22 on: 21 Oct 2003, 12:26 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
Hey, I never said he could spell well, just that his sig is pretty innocuous (hope I spelled that right! :lol: ).

For the record:  I fully support a monkeys right to chose, uh, with the parameters of a choice a monkey might make...or whatever.

It was about the Le Amp 2 review,, I think you just summed it up Rob,,,  :lol: Regards, Robin

lo mein

le Amp review update
« Reply #23 on: 21 Oct 2003, 12:27 am »
Quote from: Beezer
What's "aides"?  And a monkey abortion?  Did she choose?

Beez

A synonym for helper, assistant. So, Aides is the plural form of aide.

doug s.

• makin' music
le Amp review update
« Reply #24 on: 21 Oct 2003, 01:03 am »
Doug, did you actually read his sig before you got your panties in a twist?  It reads merely, "Perhaps we have no cure for aides, because its inventor was aborted."  Where is there any judgement or condemnation of anything?...

yes, rob, i *did* actually read the sig.  w/o condemnation, or judgment, it seems to me pretty clear what the guy's position is, regarding abortion.  what do *you* tink it means?   :o

my point, is abortion thoughts are personal, like whether someone tinks the lord is represented by jesus, allah, buddha, haile selasse, or the neighbor's dog.  no place for it here...

ymmv,

doug s., untwisting my panties...   :wink:

guest1632

Re: my 2c worth
« Reply #25 on: 21 Oct 2003, 02:44 am »
Quote from: doug s.
Quote from: Ray Bronk
Perhaps we have no cure for aides, because its inventor was aborted.

or, mebbe, we'd all be dead from plague or overpopulation or ?  if all those aborted had lived...

please keep yer reactionary garbage outta this forum, or at least restrict it to the fight club.   :evil:

guest1632

le Amp review update
« Reply #26 on: 21 Oct 2003, 03:13 am »
Quote from: satfrat

It was about the Le Amp 2 review,, I think you just summed it up Rob,,,  :lol: Regards, Robin

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
le Amp review update
« Reply #27 on: 21 Oct 2003, 03:15 am »
Sounds good, everyone.  Let's have a group hug! :lol:

doug s.

• makin' music
Re: my 2c worth
« Reply #28 on: 21 Oct 2003, 11:29 am »
Quote from: Ray Bronk
Who knows, if we hadn't killed so many babies, we might by now have that cure for aids.

jeez, ya yust don't get it, do ya?  NOT ONE BEBE has ever been killed in an abortion.  and as i said before - who knows, if there weren't ever any abortions, we may all be dead now.  food for thought, ya know?

can't ya leave personal shit out of this forum?  why not deal w/the LIVING - ya know - reality - those of us who are here on the planet now??? :o

your mileage will NOT vary,

doug s., group hug, my ass :?

nathanm

le Amp review update
« Reply #29 on: 21 Oct 2003, 04:36 pm »
Bronk's statement isn't really offensive, it's speculation in its most absurd form and thus to me, incredibly hilarious!  We might as well discuss Chaos Theory while we're at it...

I used to think Doug S. was a real goofball because of his weird spelling choices, but no longer - now I have to give him the horns. :rock:

We should be discussing real issues, like how much that font sucks on the LeAmp faceplate.  Cripes, was Courier already taken? :P

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
le Amp review update
« Reply #30 on: 21 Oct 2003, 06:17 pm »
Doug, let it go, man!  You're gonna give yourself an ulcer.  If you're so offended by something so unoffensive, just don't read it anymore! Consider the dead horse beaten. :roll:

At least you forced him to correct the spelling! :wink:

Yeah, NathanM, the faceplate is a bit pedestrian.  Still, if the amp sounds good that's the main thing.  I asked MB months ago if it's possible to make interchangeable faceplates; he implied it may be doable but was somewhat noncommittal.

Has anyone in North America actually recieved them yet?  A couple guys have posted that they have theirs, but I think no one in the US.

jones rush

le Amp review update
« Reply #31 on: 22 Oct 2003, 02:27 am »
You guys are so petty about such little things as the faceplate's appearance... I can only imagine what your reaction would have been if a REALLY major flaw was discovered, like, god forbid, the LCD saying "watts" instead of "Watts".

Some perspective, people !!!.

guest1632

le Amp review update
« Reply #32 on: 22 Oct 2003, 02:49 am »
Doug, let it go, man!  You're gonna give yourself an ulcer.  If you're so offended by something so unoffensive, just don't read it anymore! Consider the dead horse beaten. :roll:

At least you forced him to correct the spelling! :wink:

Yeah, NathanM, the faceplate is a bit pedestrian.  Still, if the amp sounds good that's the main thing.  I asked MB months ago if it's possible to make interchangeable faceplates; he implied it may be doable but was somewhat noncommittal.

Has anyone in North America ...

eric the red

le Amp review update
« Reply #33 on: 27 Oct 2003, 03:51 am »
'You dare, you win'

Highlander

le Amp review update
« Reply #34 on: 28 Oct 2003, 01:15 am »
OK, I've been lurking around this thread long enough so it's time to add my two cents worth. That is if I am allowed to do so ETR, since I qualify as someone you have never heard of......

Dictionary definition of Shyster "A trickish knave; one who carries on any business, especially legal business, in a mean and dishonest way."

I must admit I'm still perplexed as to how MB can be accused of being a shyster. He has taken no money in advance from anyone (he has had my card number since I ordered a pair of amps way back when), he continues to hold up his end of the bargain on price despite losing money on any LEII's he will ship. To me that translates into integrity.

Dictionary definition of Huskster. " seller of shoddy goods". I don't think I have seen anyone on here complain that nOrh products are of shoddy quality.

There is no doubt that MB did himself no favors by not communicating better in this forum, but there again if he had he would just have set himself up for attack by people like you who seem to harbor a grudge for reasons that are beyond my comprehension.

Guilty due to lack of communication certainly. Guilty of being a shyster and huckster I don't think so.

Let me also say that the only nOrh product I own is a pair of Le Amp's bought on eBay so I have no connection with nOrh or MB.

By the way, I hope that MB doesn't decide to sue since calling someone a shyster might be considered libellous.......

In addition this URL might be interesting to you.....I'm sure others on here will recognize some of these traits...

http://alwayswrite.org/archives/2002/11/05/comment_trolls_part_deux.html

Andrikos

le Amp review update
« Reply #35 on: 29 Oct 2003, 10:47 pm »
Anybody else with the Le amp II's out there?
We need to hear from you. Everything we've heard so far sounds really good!

dyfromhawaii

le Amp review update
« Reply #36 on: 12 Nov 2003, 07:39 am »
hey...have not heard any posts updates regarding reviews of the Le Amp II, as seen by the last posted message on 10/29...

big gun junge

le Amp review update
« Reply #37 on: 12 Nov 2003, 07:52 pm »
I have ordered mine. No telling when I will get them.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
le Amp review update
« Reply #38 on: 12 Nov 2003, 10:59 pm »
I wish you luck, Big Gun Junge, and I hope you're patient.  I initially placed my order sometime in Mar or April (can't recall the exact date), maybe even earlier.  After deadline after deadline passed, I finally gave up and cancelled.  So far I haven't heard from anyone in the US saying they've recieved theirs, but someone might have.

Again, if they ever do ship, I still might be interested in getting a set.  Let us know what you think of yours once you get 'em.

bhiggins

le Amp review update
« Reply #39 on: 13 Nov 2003, 02:41 pm »
I have seen no evidence to indicate that anything has shipped since the original 10 units went out.

When I emailed Michael about a month ago, he did not know when he would get more units from the factory.

It's certainly going to be a pleasant surprise if and when these amps ever arrive.