Helping out Bunky !!!

klaus@odyssey

Helping out Bunky !!!
« on: 22 Apr 2008, 10:03 pm »
OK,  PLEASE  let us help out Bunky and his daughter through their very hard time right now.
We all understand that audio and music might not be the highest priority to get their lives together,  but then again,  I am sure that it will help.  Knowing William,  music is always a priority for him.

I am willing to chime in with some of my gear,  but we need hardware as well as software.  Anything,  I guess.

Please add to the list here to help him out. 
You can all send the stuff to me,  since I'll be in MD early May,  and can deliver the system and the software.

Thanks,

Klaus

jcpix

Re: Helping out Bunky !!!
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2008, 10:06 pm »

What address should we use?  Does anyone know his music tastes?

jdodmead

« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2008, 10:07 pm »
What kind of music? I can burn some cd's and when would you need to have them by?

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2008, 10:15 pm »
I live near Bunky and will gladly set him up with enough CD's and LP's to keep him busy for awhile. I'm home now but I'll track down his cousin at work tomorrow and see 1: does he currently have internet access, and 2: how we can contact him. I'll post tomorrow what I find out.

mgalusha

« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2008, 11:33 pm »
I'll donate a Music Hall MMF-5 turntable with a Grado Reference Platinum cartridge and some records, assuming we can find out his tastes. Now I just have to find the TT, it's been packed away for a while. :)

Also, if someone is setting up a fund I'd like to donate a few $$.

Best wishes in every way Bunky.

Mike G.

Bigfish

« Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2008, 11:44 pm »
I'll donate a Music Hall MMF-5 turntable with a Grado Reference Platinum cartridge and some records, assuming we can find out his tastes. Now I just have to find the TT, it's been packed away for a while. :)

Also, if someone is setting up a fund I'd like to donate a few $$.

Best wishes in every way Bunky.

Mike G.

Guys:

How could we arrange some type of $$ donation for Bunky?  Would someone be willing to accept Paypal cash donations and then present it to him?

Ken

TjMV3

« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2008, 11:52 pm »
I have extra Cobalt Cable interconnects and Blue Jean Interconnects that are still brand spanking new and sealed in thier original packaging/bags.  

As well as an extra pair of Cobalt speaker cables which were used briefly and are in excellent condition.

If push comes to shove and Bunky needs a pre amp,  I can donate my Musical Design SP-2B tubed pre amp.  It is the older one,  but it functions very,  very well and sounds great.

I also have some extra plate sets.  They're not fancy smancy plates,  but they're in great condition and just fine to eat off of.  

How old is his daugther?  

If I may make a suggestion,  maybe we should take up a collection and buy Bunky some gift cards to like Sears or where ever store ......so he can shop for his daughter's clothes (and some clothes for him).  Girls can be very picky about the clothes they wear,  much more than little boys.  

Klaus would you be okay with receiving the gift cards/donations,  so you can give it to Bunky?

Klaus,    once you get an idea of what people are offering and put it all together , just let me know what I can send from my list of stuff.

JAMn Joe

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.jamnaudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 23 Apr 2008, 12:02 am »
I have a used Sony DVP-S9000ES DVD/CD/SACD player I will donate along with a few power cords.

Just let me know where to ship them.

TjMV3

« Reply #8 on: 23 Apr 2008, 12:09 am »
If I may make a correction.

I don't think we need to take up a donation,  but if we all can agree as individuals,  to individually buy for instance,  some Sears Gift Cards and just individually send it to who ever ( Merle? ) can get them to Bunky;  then he can shop for clothes for himself and his daughter,  as well as buy other house hold items he may need;  all in one store.  No running around to different stores.

If he needs bedding,  he can get it there too.  Towels?  Sears has them.  See my point?

If we can all agree on one store.....a store like Sears or something,  that would work great!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #9 on: 23 Apr 2008, 01:12 am »
Klaus,
The wife and I have childrens clothes we can send, both boys and girls. I'm sure we can find some adult cloths as well. If somebody could find out the childrens and adults sizes, that would be most helpful.
Also, Klaus you said to send everything to you?
Are the folks involved Just Mr. Bunky and his daughter?
I've also got CD's I had for sale that I can send: 
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=53834.new;topicseen#new

Whoever is "in charge" (Klaus/Merle?) please direct us to how and where we send things.

Bob

dorokusai

• Polk Audio Customer Service
    • Polk Audio
« Reply #10 on: 23 Apr 2008, 02:12 am »
I think this is being organized in the original thread but I'm not sure. Merle stated on the phone that he would post an update tomorrow and I'm sure the forum can move forward as a whole at that point.

On the Club Polk Forum side, we're going to support this in conjunction with you folks since he was a family member there as well.

I'm actually local to the area and working on some issues, so don't hesitate to contact me directly. I'm not opposed to using my physical location as a staging area for a truckload, so email me. There are other local Polkies available to assist in the help.

dorokusai@verizon.net

Start flipping thru CD's, sorting LP's and recording some music as that should be the mainstay of any audiophile.

Excellent effort from this forum, hope I can help in some way and if Klaus can provide an amp....we'll provide the loudspeakers. We're almost there.

Regards,
Mark

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 23 Apr 2008, 03:10 am »
William,

I talked to Klaus earlier this afternoon and he mentioned what just happened to you and family...I'm shocked... The important thing is that you and pears are OK, beyond everything else involved!!  I am just reading these threads and cannot believe what I am reading...take a day at a time.  Our prayers are with you Bunky!

As Klaus indicated on the music (equipment) side, I will have a Candela build and burning in your name shortly...you have been so very special to us...

All the best to you and family.

Alex

TjMV3

« Reply #12 on: 23 Apr 2008, 03:26 am »
Does anyone know what kind of music he (Bunky) likes and which artists/bands are his favorites?

Sonny

« Reply #13 on: 23 Apr 2008, 03:43 am »
I can throw in and make a couple pairs of I/C for him..
Just let me know the length Bunky....

Haoleb

« Reply #14 on: 23 Apr 2008, 04:25 am »
I have two sealed John Lennon MFSL cd's I will donate. Not sure if its his type of music. But surely a staple in most collections  :thumb: Will send them to you later this week Klaus.

rpf

« Reply #15 on: 23 Apr 2008, 04:39 am »
Does anyone know what kind of music he (Bunky) likes and which artists/bands are his favorites?

Second this question. I have a few dozen CDs I can donate if he likes Classical (haven't yet learned how to rip and burn CDs).

dorokusai

• Polk Audio Customer Service
    • Polk Audio
« Reply #16 on: 26 Apr 2008, 03:28 am »
I have Polk loudspeakers, cable and interconnects from Frank @ SignalCable....what's the next step Klaus? Jam'n Joe has posted some fervent interest in this idea as well, in another thread, so lead us to victory Chicago man.

Mark

lazydays

« Reply #17 on: 26 Apr 2008, 06:09 am »
I have Polk loudspeakers, cable and interconnects from Frank @ SignalCable....what's the next step Klaus? Jam'n Joe has posted some fervent interest in this idea as well, in another thread, so lead us to victory Chicago man.

Mark

like I said count me in for the Yamaha SL1700 universal player. I'll have it boxed up this weekend.
gary