Bad times for Bunky.

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
Bad times for Bunky.
« on: 22 Apr 2008, 12:45 pm »
I just found out member Bunky had his house burn to the ground this past weekend. I am posting this here because I know Bunky is a huge Odyssey fan and tends to hang out mostly on this board. I work with his cousin who just informed me of this. Bunky and family are ok but lost everything, including his stereo. Bunky, if you have computer access, please accept my prayers for you and yours and if there is ANYTHING I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask. You can reach me at home at 410-744-1282.
Merle

richidoo

Re: Bad times for Bunky.
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2008, 12:53 pm »
Sorry to hear the bad news!  God bless you and your family Bunky.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2008, 01:21 pm »
Wow - sorry to hear that.  It's hard to do much to help with all of us being all over the world but if there is anything, let us know.  We'll keep you in our thoughts.

Bryan

mcullinan

« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2008, 01:26 pm »
Jesus! That is horrible. Send my best wishes and know we are thinking about you through this tough time.
Mike

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2008, 02:16 pm »
Damn Thats Just bad Is there any thing we can do to help?

ED

Pirate

« Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2008, 03:02 pm »
Bunky,

Sorry to hear about the loss. Please accept our best wishes for a speedy recovery in your time of hardship.

Sincerely,
Dave

MaxCast

« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2008, 03:10 pm »
Thoughts and prayers are with you, Bunky.  Hang in there!!

dangerbird

« Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2008, 04:12 pm »
William,, if I can do anything please let me know,,, thank God that everyone is safe.

Zero

« Reply #8 on: 22 Apr 2008, 04:52 pm »
Talk about one of those "never thought it would happen to me" situations.  A solemn reminder of how without warning, life can change in an instant!

Terribly sorry to hear the news; but am relieved that Bunky and his family escaped unharmed.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #9 on: 22 Apr 2008, 04:54 pm »
Very unfortunate. Best wishes to Bunky and his family for a speedy return to normal life.
Good to hear everyone is safe. "Stuff" is replaceable in time. Family isn't.

TomS

« Reply #10 on: 22 Apr 2008, 04:57 pm »
Very sorry to hear this and I hope all are safe there.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you that things fall into place to recover quickly from this tragedy.  Tom

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #11 on: 22 Apr 2008, 05:03 pm »
Thank God no one was hurt. Hopefully Bunky you had insurance and get back on your feet as quick as humanly possible. I've been thru a total loss with a house fire so i know it'll take time. My prayers & best wiishes are with ya audio buddy!  :)

Robin

TjMV3

« Reply #12 on: 22 Apr 2008, 06:40 pm »
Oh my god!  How horrible!

But thank god he and his family were able to escape any serious injury!!!!!!

So sorry.

Best wishes to you and your family,  Bunky. 

djbnh

« Reply #13 on: 22 Apr 2008, 07:07 pm »
Bunky,

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers; how fortunate that there were no injuries to you or family members.

I note that years ago my stepdaughter and I were almost killed in an apt. fire that an unknown fire bug set, a fire that consumed all our belongings. Drawing on what I learned from that ugly time, I encourage you: Take heart and know that things will improve; give it some time, keep your head up, and when it gets black, keep looking hard for the light. Start from knowing that you're all alive, and that there will be new memories to make and momentos to form. Again, know that it will get better.

Peace be with you and yours,

Dave B.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #14 on: 22 Apr 2008, 08:06 pm »
William,

I am so sorry to hear about your house but thank god no one was hurt.  We are praying for you and hope your insurance will cover everything including all your preamps and other stuff.  PM me and we will have you and your daughter over for ribs.  My daughter tells me that she has your daughter's hair band. 

God bless,

TONEPUB

« Reply #15 on: 22 Apr 2008, 08:26 pm »
Got A Pioneer SX-737 and a pair of small Aperions if you want em.
Just give me an address....

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 22 Apr 2008, 08:39 pm »
We are praying for you and hope your insurance will cover everything

He doesn't have insurance.  :(

Here's what Merle said in the "Town Square":

I found out this morning that member Bunky's house burned to the ground last weekend. Bunky and his son are ok but it seem's they pretty much lost everything, stereo included. I used to work with Bunky and still work with his cousin, who told me about this this morning. Bunky and his 13 year old son are currently staying at his cousins house. He was a renter and did not have insurance. I posted this in the Odessey circle because I know Bunky went there a lot. Thought maybe more people could see this here. There should be something this community can do to help a brother out in his time of need. Open to suggestions.

arthurs

« Reply #17 on: 22 Apr 2008, 08:57 pm »
I've got some interconnects and speaker cables I'll throw in...

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 22 Apr 2008, 09:19 pm »
Where does Bunky live?

jdodmead

« Reply #19 on: 22 Apr 2008, 09:48 pm »
I have a Rotel RCD-955 that I'm not using. Glad to hear everyone is safe.