Itunes & CD Baby; A Match Not Made In Heaven

ZLS

Itunes & CD Baby; A Match Not Made In Heaven
« on: 21 Apr 2008, 02:44 am »
:scratch: I learned about CD Baby, a site to purchase Cd's straight from the artist here on Audio Circle.    Imagine the novel concept of the artist actually receiving the money from the sales of their Cd's!  Needless to say, some of the artists and titles are a little of the beaten path.  It even gets better because on the site there is a place where you can purchase selected Cd's for $5.00 a piece!  These Cd's were never on a path, beaten or otherwise.  All of this is to say,
    Itunes does not recognize a good percentage of these titles when I go to rip them into my Macbook.  I am not talking about the artwork, I am talking about no meta data what so ever!  Track 1, Track 2 etc. 
    I have to believe /pray that there is a better way to obtain the meta data then my entering it manually.  Is there a program so as Clutter is to cover art that can solve this problem?  Please!!
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2008, 10:40 am by ZLS »

Crimson

Re: Itunes & CD Baby; A Match Not Made In Heaven
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2008, 12:33 pm »
Z,

As soon as you insert a disc with iTunes open, you'll see if it recognizes the tracks or not. If it doesn't there is no point to rip in iTunes. You'll want to download Max from sbooth.org and install it. Then see if Max recognizes the disc. If it does, rip to your format of choice then add the files to iTunes (File -> Add to Library).

Toka

« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2008, 03:38 pm »
I have plenty of discs that haven't been recognized...just gotta take 2-3 minutes and type it all in. Artwork can sometimes been easy, other times, a pain, but for the most part its all out there somewhere. Google Image Search has pulled off some miracles for me.

spudco

« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2008, 12:26 pm »
I must be living right.

I have quite a few CDs from CDBaby and only have one that wan't found using Itunes database.  I have had more problems with rare disks on foriegn labels.

As for cover art, Itunes is somewhat lacking.  I use Coverscout to find missing artwork (it uses Amazon and Google images) and it retags art so stuff other than Itunes can see it.  Coverscout has been a little flaky though, and I can't recommend it without reservations.