No clue what wireless password Duet is asking for!!

Big Red Machine

No clue what wireless password Duet is asking for!!
« on: 19 Apr 2008, 06:52 pm »
Trying to set this thing up and can't get into my network.  I only have a 5 letter password to get into my network and the Duet wants more than that and less than the Encryption digits.  What do I do?  Very aggravating.

IronLion

Re: No clue what wireless password Duet is asking for!!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2008, 06:57 pm »
You sure you have it set to the proper encryption of your wireless network?  Thats the only thing I can think of...

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2008, 06:58 pm »
And how would I change that?

yooper

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2008, 07:10 pm »
Hey Pete,

I assume you are using "all wireless"?  I'm thinking you are missing part of your password.  If your using WPA or WPA2, I believe you need to have at least 8 characters, and if your using WEP, you need at least ten.

Double check...

Mark

yooper

« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2008, 07:35 pm »
And how would I change that?

The Duet should figure out which security type your using.  You would know if the Duet can't figure it out because it would give you a list of what to select.

Mark

avta

« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2008, 07:47 pm »
BRM:
You may have to go back to your wireless router and either retrieve or reset the password. To do that you normally have to use the disc that came with the router. It should allow you to locate  the security folder then select the type of security you want. I use WEP. You should be able to select that or WPA then enter the appropriate type of password manually or have one generated by the program. Be sure to copy it down as you will need it to access your wireless network from any access point such as your Duet. Good luck.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2008, 09:34 pm »
I changed the password and it doies not work.  Why can't this be automatic like the sqeezebox?

Got no receiver.  Press the little button and it flashes but then what do I do?

Big Red Machine

« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2008, 09:43 pm »
does it want my router password or my encryption key?  changed the password and it still does not work with that 9 digit item.

avta

« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2008, 11:10 pm »
Your encryption key

Big Red Machine

« Reply #9 on: 20 Apr 2008, 07:24 pm »
I bagged the whole Duet thing.  What a PITA.  I ordered another SB with 2 day shipping once I confirmed that by bringing up the downstairs unit I could use the new SqCtr okay through my office computer.  Only had 44% signal to the downstairs server.

But why do the playlists show up but are empty in the Squeezecenter!  Now I'll have to reload them all manually.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #10 on: 21 Apr 2008, 06:03 pm »
Could it be a file share setting on on your wireless network?

Big Red Machine

« Reply #11 on: 22 Apr 2008, 10:49 am »
This is Logictech's response:

Brief Summary
Won't recognize content of playlists

Discussion Thread
 Response (Agustin) 04/21/2008 04:51 PM
Mr. Dxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Logitech support. My name is Agustin and I will be assisting you with this matter. If you need to speak to a Customer Representative dial 1-877-887-8889 (US and Canada only) and an agent will be able to assist you over the phone. For international calls dial 646-454-3237.

Regarding this matter, yes it has a lot to do with the two different software versions trying to work together. Theoretically its been programmed to work but it doesn't always work. I do apologize for this. I would recommend creating them using SqueezeCenter.

Regards,

Agustin
 Customer (Pete ) 04/20/2008 05:32 PM
I brought my SB3 upstairs to run off my office comptuer router and I am using the back up HD which has everything copied over to it. FOr some reason it sees the Playlists I saved on the HZD but they show up empty in the Squeezecenter ver 7. I am still using Slimserver downstairs. Is the fact they were generated with Slimserver the reason why Sqeezecenter does not see any content?
 Auto-Response 04/20/2008 05:32 PM
This is an autoresponse message. We have received your support request and will be responding soon.

bundee1

« Reply #12 on: 22 Apr 2008, 03:47 pm »
When you set up squeezebox there is a password that pops up on the SB screen. Could that be it?