Headphones No One Else Can Hear ?

soundbitten1

Headphones No One Else Can Hear ?
« on: 13 Apr 2008, 08:26 pm »
I have Grado SR60 headphones that I like but my wife says she can hear the music while I'm wearing them . What are some quality headphones that do a better job of keeping the music " contained " ? Thanks .

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
Re: Headphones No One Else Can Hear ?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2008, 08:53 pm »
he short answer to that is a pair if closed back headphone or iem's Inner ear monitors without a price range

AKG K270 Studio Headphones or the akg 27I lots of choices out there.

soundbitten1

« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2008, 11:29 pm »
Can I get anything decent for one hundred bucks ?

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2008, 02:27 am »
Hello
Check out some of these http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-application/traveling/ They are good people to deal with although you can some time find better prices.

Loftprojection

« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2008, 12:56 pm »
For a small budget like that if I was you I would look at IEM type headphone like the Vmoda Vibes (www.v-moda.com) or offerings from Shure or UE.  You seem to value sound quality, so if your budget grows later on you can look at the AKG 271 or even quite a bit better and more expensive, the Audio Technica W5000

soundbitten1

« Reply #5 on: 14 Apr 2008, 01:10 pm »
Hello
Check out some of these http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-application/traveling/ They are good people to deal with although you can some time find better prices.

Thanks for the heads up .   :thumb:

soundbitten1

« Reply #6 on: 14 Apr 2008, 01:18 pm »
For a small budget like that if I was you I would look at IEM type headphone like the Vmoda Vibes (www.v-moda.com) or offerings from Shure or UE.  You seem to value sound quality, so if your budget grows later on you can look at the AKG 271 or even quite a bit better and more expensive, the Audio Technica W5000

After some research I'm leaning toward the IEM type . I have had a headphone amp for audio quality so maybe comfort and durability should be considered more important ?

djbnh

« Reply #7 on: 14 Apr 2008, 10:58 pm »

After some research I'm leaning toward the IEM type . I have had a headphone amp for audio quality so maybe comfort and durability should be considered more important ?
Cruise head-fi.org and see what points of view the various related forums offer. One nit - you may need to sort the chaff from the wheat from FOTM over there.

Loftprojection

« Reply #8 on: 15 Apr 2008, 12:47 pm »

Well comfort is very personal, you'll have to go try them out.  I myself can't stand IEM phones other then the time spent in the public transit or at the gym.  For my taste most full size headphones (except Grado) are fairly comfy.  I sometimes listen my Audio Technica W5000 when I go to bed and I could listen to them for the whole night if sleep wasn't a human basic need!  :green:  As far as durability,  I think your budget will determine durability!  :icon_lol:  If you have a really tight budget, you'll be satisfied with whatever you buy, if your budget is flexible, you might buy a $100 set right now and want to change it for a $500 pair in a few months.  That's the never ending story of audio, but it's fun!

saisunil

« Reply #9 on: 16 Jun 2008, 05:32 pm »
I recently picked up ATH M50s - this is my first closed headphone and I am very happy.
You can pick one up NEW for $150 or less including shipping.

They are easy to drive and don't leak too much sound.

Cheers