Hi def downloads

wappinghigh

Hi def downloads
« on: 13 Apr 2008, 11:18 am »
I'm wondering if everybody out there could put their collective knowledge together and contribute or add to a list of "high def" (ie 24 bit or similar) download sites springing up. User experience/exact downloads available etc.

I'll make a start with Linn records and highdeftapetrasfers since I have used them before...

Linnrecords.com

Advatages: Reliable. Good local content (Original scottish recordings) Disadvatages: different formats 24/96 and 24/88.2..and only their original recordings available

highdeftapetransfers.com

Advantages: Incredible selection of old recordings. Amazing sound reproduction..like actually sitting in an old concert hall. One format 24/96. Disadvatages. Web site and ordering

Anybody have experience with following.

musicgiants.com
itrax.com
naxos.com
hdtracks.com
referencerecordings.com

BTW it is a real shame that all apple can do is "itunes plus". How disappointing is that! Still 16 bit and months on the lables signing on just trickle out one by one. As Shrek would say "what a load of X$#^^5t$#%^"

AB

Gordy

Re: Hi def downloads
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2008, 04:11 pm »
I was pointed to this test site the other day...  http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html

Several format choices, including DSD and DXD, and they're free for the time being.

kyrill

Re: Hi def downloads
« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2008, 12:18 pm »
it seems US only cares for US, musical wise..

as a non us citizen ( Holland) i cannot download or in some cases even make an account